Music: what song you are listening to...invites and answers the question ‘how are you’

Options

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @Tasia Sweet Child of Mine was a fav during my absolutely feral years. When I look at Axel Rose now, I'm reminded that I'm no longer young and gorgeous and I should stop dressing like I am :)
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Zoffiel, rubbish you are gorgeous and secondly, you wear whatever makes you feel good!!!! #youdoyou

I love Sweet Child of mine too, have been dabbling in Crosby Stills Nash and Young this week on Spotify.  Nice and cruisy  :)

Cazx
  • Zoffiel
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks @Caz1 I'm just fine ***gritted teeth*** with the reality of my aging carcass.
    It's a shame that back in my 20s and 30s I didn't realise how beautiful I was. Who'd have thunk, in 1985, that big tits, a narrow waist and a shapely arse were attractive in any way when the media portrayal of the perfect female body was stick thin? A clue I missed is that men and women, found me attractive. I always wanted to be something else.
    The heaviness that dogs me now  pisses me off because I have to buy Nanna clothes. Not at all song related.
  • Caz1
    Options
     @Zoffiel NO YOU DONT!!!! 
    Lol, gritted teeth, you are funny 😁 
    Sometimes I look at old photos of myself and wonder where that person has gone. I look in the mirror and I have grey hair and a few extra love handles. But dammit, I’m determined to go out disgracefully, and wear what I want. I might need to go up a size but I’m certainly not looking at nana clothes any time soon ;) I even  plait my grey hair like an old hippy if I feel like it!
    IT’S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY LOVELY  :D

Big love
    Caz x

• Zoffiel
    Options
    @Caz1 I was singing along to INXS , Mystify,  on the  drive to work today. Damn you ABC, I thought in was listening to regional chat..What's with the music?l¡!
    I mystify myself dai!y and have a!ways enjoyed a car sing-along with the long departed Michael. If only because my fucked up hormones  mean we have similar pitch.
  • Tasia
    Tasia Member Posts: 126
    Options

Zoffiel said:

@Tasia Sweet Child of Mine was a fav during my absolutely feral years. When I look at Axel Rose now, I'm reminded that I'm no longer young and gorgeous and I should stop dressing like I am :)

@Zoffiel - I like to play GNRs loud and pretend play my own home karaoke  :)

I believe we just own our style/s - whatever size, shape, age, feel gorgeous and do our best with fun. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    @Tasia I love a few of those songs you listed. You couldn’t be more right about the healing nature of music and dancing. I put music on in my hospital room after my mastectomies and was dancing (or rather swaying slowly) in my robe with 6 drains coming out of me. I even tried belly dancing 😄. Helped me more than all the meds 😆. 

@Caz1 exactly!!! Wear what you want, when you want!! 👏🏻😁 

@Zoffiel I know you’ve tried to convince us that you’re an ‘old and unattractive’ something something in your posts, but unfortunately @kmakm exposed you in that pic of you two recently. I actually did a double take. You’re still very much an attractive woman!! I’m not sure what mirror you’re looking in, but not the same I saw. Feeling old and grumpy and worn out might be one thing, but you certainly don’t look any of those. I saw two very attractive and good looking, confident women, with fantastic smiles and youthful spirits. And I don’t dish out compliments. I say only what I think and feel. Fake does not become me. Maybe in 20 years time you’ll see how attractive you were now 😄 (hopefully sooner!)
  • Tasia
    Options
    Listening to Kaz Hawkins - Feelin' Good  
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @Caz1 and @Zoffiel I can remember looking for a mother of the bride outfit thirteen years ago and all they kept pushing at me were nana clothes. I went out and bought a cocktail dress and received "wow" compliments all day. Taught me to dress in what I want, not what is expected of me.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    @Blossom1961 I love that story 👏🏻🥰
  • Caz1
    Options
    @AllyJay Old hippies rock! ;)<3 And you are awesome!
  • Tasia
    Options
    Post DMX and I am listening to Hey Hey, My My (Neil Young) and there is another version by Battleme

The good old cassette tape - fond memories, miss that time of life :)
    Image result for music quotes
  • Jen2019
    Jen2019 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    The best version of "I don't know how to love him" by Yvonne Elliman. She gave a voice to Mary Magdalene, powerful and evoke such emotions of fear and love rolled into one.The first time I watched the musical (Jesus Christ Superstar) was in grade school and I was so moved by Yvonne's portrayal.

https://youtu.be/lS2nX4fuzqc