Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Great day ! so lovely meeting everyone! @JJ70 @Finch @Annie C @iserbrown
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Awesome!  I didn't see Kate being interviewed!  :(   They must have had random interviewers!  ;) 

• Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Wow - these pics are awesome! It must have been such an emotional day. I really want to get out there next year.

@Sister - just catching up with the start of your rads - glad to hear it's going well so far. What creams, moisturisers are you using? Are you getting zapped on both sides or one? You will definitely be one of my sources of info - I'm up to taxol #6 on Tuesday so will need to see the radiation onc in the next few weeks.

@Flaneuse - what kind of expanders do you have? Air or saline? I didn't know you had to have them deflated before radiation?

xxx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Fantastic day . Wonderful to meet @tigerbeth (a Richmond supporter no less ) @JJ70 @Annie C and reuniting with @Kmakm . I missed you @iserbrown , another time. Xxxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @eastmum I'm trying the Mepitel film so not using anything at the moment but I've got Moo Goo on hand.  Only having the right side with suoerclav.  It's a great feeling to get halfway through Taxol. Good luck on Tuesday.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    On the big screen talking to the infectiously delightful Raelene Boyle in @AllyJay's beanie!!
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    @kmakm...good girl for not wearing the rude one!!! xoxo
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Eastmum I have a saline expander on the left (only the one mastectomy). Apparently air expanders are not an option if you're having radiation because they can't be deflated. The process used here is that they over-inflate slightly (I currently have 550ml). Then tomorrow they'll deflate by approximately 100 ml to leave a bit of slack in the skin, to minimise the risk of tautness that could come with burning of radiation. Then apparently about 4-6 wks after the end of radiation they'll re-inflate. Then about 4.5 months after end of radiation I'll have the changeover to put in the implant. Fran
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Thanks @Sister - amazing how quickly 6 weeks has gone. It seems a long way till the end of another 6 weeks though! I really hope they let me try the mepitel film. I need to have rads on both sides :(

@Flaneuse - that’s really fascinating! I have air expanders and was told I can definitely have radiation on them. Let’s hope they’re right! Will wait and see! I think I’ll move that to another thread if I have lots of questions. 

Here’s to a good night’s sleep for everyone! Xxxx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Phenergan. After three nights of churning around it was phergan time. We stayed Saturday night at a hotel in the city. What a zoo! We were on the first floor and there were prostitutes howling and fighting like cats all night in the alleyway outside the window. Between that,  a roaring air conditioner unit ten feet away and the airlessness of the room I could not get comfortable and wanted to go home at 5 am.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @sister that’s bloody awful for you! I’ve never had any issues with diarrhoea post trestment ?  I did have some issues with constipation caused from the panadol osteo. But I try not to take that too often these days. I do take a guthealth supppement which has helped at times perhaps that’s an option ?  I hope you feel better soon love 

@zoffiel. How was your weekend with the plan b conference and the field of women. I missed the start of the game. Did they use your suggestion for the banner ?  
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    You ladies look amazing xo