Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Eli86
    Eli86 Member Posts: 70
    Options
    @JJ70 I just wrote you the longest post outlining a whole media/political campaign and lost it all! I’ve got a heap of ideas but need to go to bed! I’m in South Perth and would love to meet up
  • Eli86
    Options
    @Zoffiel what a bummer about the job! I think you should become a professional blogger, you have an amazing turn of phrase and “bumfuck West” is seriously the funniest description of a suburb I have ever heard. Pure GOLD
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Actually - I can imagine you @zoffiel as a "real" life coach telling it as it is.  I've never gotten into the ra-ra rubbish that is presented at team and personal building sessions.  You'd have me in stitches but I'm sure I would take away some gold from it. 

Bugger about the library job.  Unfortunately, service industries are no longer service-oriented and there is a misguided idea out there that experienced library staff, and indeed libraries, are no longer required which leads into poor conditions.  So many secondary school libraries are being decimated or closed here in SA.  I work at my kids' school and the Principal is a firm believer in the importance of the library to students and staff, and the importance of skilled and qualified library staff to provide guidance but it is definitely not the case in other schools.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Mmmmm,,, chocolate... 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Eli86....sometimes the posts do that. I have typed up this big message, posted and lost half of it, then the post doesn't make sense...and THEN you can't edit what has been posted! :p Luckily we are all in the same boat!

Now I tend to post long messages in two or three separate posts...... ;)

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Light and love to you. x
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    I love Lucille Ball...what a trend setter......cutting through the male jungle and creating a pathway for female comedians. 30 years gone next year.....
  • kmakm
    Options
    @JJ70 She was a dead set legend of the first order.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @Sister are you starting rads today or next week? If it's today I hope it's as comfortable an experience as possible. One step closer to the end of treatment! Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Started today @zoffiel.  I was a bit anxious before the appointment but went through fine.  Finding it a bit hard to get my head around the idea that I have to go back tomorrow!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Yep, ground hog day/s for you for the next couple of weeks. Onward!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Well done @Sister xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,631
    Options
    Well done, @Sister  - just getting thru the door that first day is the hardest bit, I reckon  ..... It is a surprisingly small amount of time you are actually IN there, eh .... most time is spent setting you up 'in the right spot'!

Don't forget to lather up with the lotions & potions 3-4 times a day following the rads ..... take care xx

• Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Golly you Howlers are a funny lot. I've had a good giggle this evening catching up with all the chat . Love you all.  I'm a lurking howler, keeping to the shadows .... I'm waking these nights myself  now that chemo and radiation arent keeping me asleep, but I'm  keeping to the 'no devices' rule and lie there anxiously next to the snorer. 
    @Sister all the best with your rads.  Hope it's easy on you. 
    Take care everyone xxxxxxxx
  • Eli86
    Options
    Sending you giant, soft, air hugs @Sister