Night Howls

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,632
    Options
    Good luck for today's interview, @Zoffiel  - a good idea to have a go at the less stressful job & work up to the bigger ones later, as you feel able!

All the best  xxx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Couldn't get to sleep. Still awake at 2am. Gave up and took a Temazepam. Like @Zoffiel trying to stay off devices overnight. Day is wrecked. I'm utterly exhausted. No energy to do anything I had planned. Bare minimum for me today.

@Zoffiel you're a fabulous, highly intelligent, incisive, funny marvel of a human being. The library would be beyond lucky to have you. Best of luck for the interview.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Intelligent took second place to funny. I turned up wearing odd shoes. I'd been through so many changes of outfit this morning that it wasn't until I got out of the car, stepped in a puddle, looked down and went "Oh, shit." that I realised what I had done. Maybe it's my fault for having so many pairs of black shoes. I'm pretty sure no-one would have noticed since I wore trousers but it was pretty hard to concentrate on the whole professional presentation thing while using my handbag to hide one foot from view. FFS. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Zoffiel Oh darl! No one would have noticed and so many people have done it but I totes get the distraction to yourself element!

You're SO 2017...

https://www.thecut.com/2017/09/how-to-wear-mismatched-shoes.html
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel I think that looks cool. It could well have been intentional and a sign of your "with it" fashion approach. xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Zoffiel Oh you can SO rock that look.
  • Zoffiel
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Maybe I should have flaunted it; one foot in corporate, one foot in vintage/retro. TBH, the shoes were the least of my problems, but I choose to blame them anyway :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I wore one navy shoe and one black shoe to work one day.  And when I went for the interview for my current job, I couldn't take my jacket off because I couldn't do my skirt up.  Anyway, all good librarians are slightly eccentric.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Zoffiel, so how do you think it went, even with your wardrobe malfunction? I can just picture you using your handbag to hide your shoes... :D
  • Zoffiel
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I've pretty much withdrawn my application because of some work conditions and hours that are very dubious when I've looked at their enterprise agreement. I don't want to elaborate, but there is no way I'm going to do a 127 km round trip to work for a three hour shift every Saturday for no penalty rates when they not adhering to the rules regarding 35hr weeks (and subsequent pro rata EFT) for library employees. Never mind.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel Shit no! That's disgusting. Something else will come up where you won't be abused in such a way.
  • Zoffiel
    Options

I live in bumfuck west. 100 applicants for every job. Tertiary qualifications required for a band 3 position. That's the advertised positions.

A good proportion of base level jobs are advertised in a way that locals never see them and then are filled by migrants at reduced rates. That's not an anti migrant statement, but so may people are wondering WTF? Why do we not see these positions advertised? I'm concerned that the people taking up these positions are being seriously exploited. I've been on the frontline of free internet for years and it is not pretty

• Eli86
    Eli86 Member Posts: 70
    Options
    @Zoffiel “bumfuck west” that is the funniest thing, I can’t stop laughing! Sorry the job turned out to be a dud yet you still had to go back through all the anxiety. Maybe you should become a professional blogger, you have the most amazing turn of phrase
  • Eli86
    Eli86 Member Posts: 70
    Options
    @Flaneuse thanks Fran - lots of chocolate!