Night Howls

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    0250 and I'm awake for the fourth time. Now with bonus hiccups! Garrrgh!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hope the hiccups are gone @kmakm.  I'm up at my usual time.  I think I'm getting my daughter's cold - she's so generous.  At least I was saved that during chemo.  Hopefully, I don't get the uncontrollable cough she's got as I can't imagine that would be a good thing on the radiation bed.

I had a rather bleak early morning yesterday and spent the time translating my soul-searching into word form for my blog - my lucky friends to read that!  Isn't it funny - I wouldn't use the word serendipitous - how sometimes different things around you keep highlighting the same things.  Well, a couple of themes have been tangles up and waving their snakey heads around and this week I keep falling over events and other people's words that feed into what I've had running around in my brain.  I'd better put something a little more positive and factual updates in the blog so everyone who's reading it doesn't go aaarrrgh!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister I don't think it hurts for your close friends to know 'the struggle'. You'll be positive when you're ready.

Hiccups gone!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Sister All the best for Day Two. Three-day countdown for me to Monday to have my expander deflated, then radiation education and planning session next Friday. My wonderful daughter has now booked to come up from the Blue Mountains to be with me for Friday. She will make sure I don't miss any key information in those sessions. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse That's good to hear you'll have company Fran. K xox
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @kmakm Yes, she's a treasure. She has come for all the key moments. At one time, during a couple of years aberration from the flow of her life, she did half a Masters in Nursing before realising it wasn't for her because of the bureaucracy of the health world; but the knowledge she gained is of huge benefit to the family. She used to get 100% for the pharmacology subjects so everybody's prescriptions are under scrutiny! She researches a lot and asks questions during my consultations and makes sure I understand everything later. And she does great foot and hand massage and facials. F xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse What a treasure! What did she end up doing?
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    That's wonderful @Flaneuse  - it sounds like she should be a pharmacist!  My nephew's wife is one & she is just a joy to chat to regarding all things medical.  Her added nursing skills would be an absolute bonus for any pharmacy.

All the best for next week .... 

• Flaneuse
    Options
    @kmakm She went back to what she had been doing for six years in the UK - disability advisor in a university. The thing was, when they moved to Australia with a small child, and especially living in the Blue Mountains, she found it impossible to get a job in the same field that would fit with preschool child care and be geographically accessible. So she decided to study. And worked two days a week in the local village pharmacy. But eventually, after a couple of years, contract jobs came up in universities and she's only just recently finally got full-time. It's not at the senior level she had in Scotland, but oddly, it's better paid than there. After an initial degree in languages and linguistics, she's done what I did - changed careers a couple of times. So far.  :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I've lived that one @flaneuse - logistics for kids and distance.  Doesn't make life particularly easy.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    I’m pleased to report no telling off by the oncologist today after I tossed and turned half of last night worrying about blood counts and heart rates. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Sister catching up on your radiation...how are you going with it?

I"m in Melbourne for Field of Women on Sunday. My phone is still on Perth time (I like it that way
  • JJ70
    Options
    Anyone know why your messages sometimes get cut off leaving you looking like a complete doofus?
  • JJ70
    Options
    Cue my avatar atm...