Night Howls

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hope so @Annski! It's a beautiful day here in Melbourne so that's a plus.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Blossom1961 Well I went on to have another dream where I went to India, met David Beckham and where terrorists tried to kill me with a runaway train!! Seriously, WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY SUBCONSCIOUS????!!!!!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited November 2018
    Options
    oh Kmakm, I am no psychologist, 

But my thoughts 
    India - you love going there  so a positive
    David Beckham - supposed to be a spunk (not my type) another Positive 
    tourists trying to kill you with runaway train- Jealous because you have got David Beckham- another positive as it must mean he is a spunk to them also ;)

Darling girl it will settle I promise you --- try to ride the wave of them and let them go each morning reflect and remember your mind is healing from the roller coaster ride from hell. 

<3 Soldiercrab
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,611
    Options
    I had a real shocker the other night too, @kmakm ..... re an isis attack!!  It was horrible!  :( 

i hope you have have more peaceful sleeps now xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @SoldierCrab Thanks A.

Actually he's not my type either! Weird...

You too @arpie. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @kmakm I think your brain is trying to tell you to become a movie scriptwriter.  Isn't it obvious?!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister I like that theory!
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    My usual anxiety dreams are almost always about losing my purse/passport/wallet/mobile phone in some unknown city where I can't remember the name of the hotel I am staying in. But I woke up early this morning from an action/adventure dream a bit like @kmakm and @arpie . I love the interpretations and especially the suggestion of a hidden screenwriter at work in the unconscious. I immediately thought of a way of combining what has been going on in Howlers lately: a delegation of Howlers (in their T-Shirts of course) is on the way to a seminar/retreat somewhere in India when the train is hijacked by a bunch of unpleasant characters. Having been to hell and back already our heroines are more than able to outwit, outflank and out-talk their captors who abandon the idea of holding them for ransom and cant wait to see the back of them. I hope this doesn't seem irresponsible or irreverent, I don't mean to suggest we should take any of this lightly, but obviously there is some kind of processing going on here. I wonder if it has anything to do with the time-frame. I am just about exactly one year from surgery, others seem to be more-or-less the same. I've never read anything before about post-BC dreams. 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    A tiny but significant turning-point for me today. For the first time since the day before surgery, I put the bedspread on my bed. For nine months I've been just tidying the sheets and blankets each day, because I knew I would be likely to crawl back in before the day was out. My action this morning was triggered by the fact that this week I'll be having visitors that I don't know very well. So I guess I'm back to caring what people think about my home. Baby steps.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    My most frequently-recurring horrible dream is about being late for a flight. Oddly, in the dream it's usually the fault of my ex-husband (divorced 29 years ago and now deceased). Strange what the mind does.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It's probably time to let him go @flaneuse! Only joking.  Maybe you felt that he was holding you back in some way?
  • kmakm
    Options
    I'd watch that film @Annski!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse I agree, small but definitely significant. K xox
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @Sister - oh, he did! In so many ways - not just always making us late. Until after 24 years I cut free. Better and better ever since.  :)
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Work is incredibly stressful at the moment and starting to affect me outside of work. Stressed for 40 plus hours at work with no sign of it getting better, then I get home and I’m grumpy and then can sleep even more than normal. Was awake at 2.30 this morning, couldn’t stop thinking about work and when I managed to doze for about an hour at 4am I had work nightmares. I don’t know if I can’t handle the stress anymore or if I just don’t want it in my life after what I have been through. My boss relies on me a lot too so will load up the schedule when I’m there instead of spreading it out during the whole week. Already grumpy as today is another stressful day  :s