What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    We had our uke Xmas Do this week and everyone brought a plate for potluck dinner ... I took a big antipasto plate and quite a bit was left over so I took it home.  Then wondered what I’d do with it ... I was making a plain pasta that night and often add roasted capsicum so whacked the leftovers in it and it was SCRUMMY!!  Leftovers the next day were even nicer as the flavour had really come thru!!   It had artichoke, capsicum, black and green olives and a heap of other stuff.   For a spontaneous meal, it was lovely. Just make sure you drain off as much olive oil as you can!! 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Ooooh, that looks good !  Anything pasta, hot or cold, night or day !  Leftovers often taste better than the original.
    We LOVE leftovers but have friends who throw food out as they "don't eat leftovers" - they have never gone hungry !
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    When my kids were little we often had a stew or casserole on the one night and the leftovers were subsequently turned into soup with extra stock, this, that and the next thing tossed in as well. Once my son asked me "Mommy...is this runny stew or thick soup?" I told him "If you get it with a knife and fork it's stew, and if it comes with a spoon...then it's soup" He still trots that out to his kids now...thirty odd years later.
  • arpie
    Options
    You can’t beat Left Overs - I grew up on it as we were 6 kids and meals were always ‘large’ - Bubble & Squeak was (and is) one of my favourites!  .... I engineer it as often as I can these days, so I can have the next night ‘off cooking’!

I do that with my Lamb Shank ‘gravy’ that is full of goodies @AllyJay after having the shanks on Day 1.... I water it down a bit as soup the next day.  It is SCRUMMY! 
  • arpie
    Options
    Some lovely looking recipes to try out during & after your treatment .... I haven't tried any yet .... 

https://www.cookforyourlife.org/?fbclid=IwAR29PJY99NMrvH2shNrpXHMo5ApWDofAMDD8VQI9j8dmrDF8qmzMf31ciS8

I filled in their survey - here is the free 'ebook' with more info .... 

• NewBoobsPLS
    NewBoobsPLS Member Posts: 87
    Options
    @arpie im definately trying that some receipe. 
    @j9k seems like there are a few women whom like to fish here. Might need to organise a ladies fishing trip at botany bay.

My contributions are both pasta based, sorry can't help it in Italian. Haha

Boil broccoli in vegetable or bone broth(stock), strain keeping 1/4 cup broth and add to blender with English spinach salt pepper and pouring cream. Sauce complete. Just add cooked pasta and fresh grated cheese.

Next one we call spaghetti Aglio e olio. Fry any vegetables in a non stick pan with olive oil and garlic and again pour over cooked pasta. My fav combinations are Cherry tomatoes and English spinach; pumpkin, pine nuts and English spinach.

Enjoy. I know I'm going to have fun trying a few of these.
  • arpie
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Woohoo! Another fisher woman!  That would be awesome .... but I throw up offshore! :(  I am fine in a kayak in estuaries or lakes!  Add your best fish pics here as we have a Fishing post, as that is one of my passions!
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19494/fishing-brag-pics

Ooooh .... sounds yummy, @NewBoobsPLS!  Do you come from an Italian heritage?  My brother’s partner is Italian she can turn ANYTHING into a feast!  

I must get more of that antipasto ... added to the pasta was just divine! ;)
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    My quick go to is packet broccoli salad mix for $5 from Coles and packet hot smoked Salmon. Just combine and done
  • arpie
    Options
    Thank you!!  How easy is THAT. @Cath62?  Healthy too!!  ;) 

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    It is fabulous @arpie. That hot smoked salmon is about $7. Found in fridge section. Sometimes I put avocado in. The ready made salad has a yoghurt dressing. 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,127
    Options
    I don’t have a photo but one of my “no need to think” dinners is honey and soy marinated chicken wings done in the oven with steamed carrots, zucchini and baby mushrooms with Thai noodles.
    Quick, easy, tasty and nutritious!
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 924
    Options
    https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/slow-cooker-beef-cheesy-dumplings/rdq6cu0o

Made this easy tasty casserole with dumpling for dinner tonight.  
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Oooooh, that looks yummy !
    Good hearty winter tucker.
    Your review would be appreciated ....
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 924
    Options
    @June1952 it was delicious.   The meat was so tender.