What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I am Pretty sure I still have my old 'Basic Foods' Recipe Book from 55+ years ago @iserbrown ..... I still refer to it now & then for 'tried & true' recipes - untainted by modern thinking!  I laugh at some of my comments written in it!!  LOL

I dropped a container of 10 biscuits off to my uke buddy, for giving me her Golden Syrup!!  ;) 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Thank you for that link @arpie - I will check it out.  As she was born in the UK it may not hold any secrets.  Even on her death notice her kids had put "mother's maiden name:  Unknown".   :)
    Any Anzac biscuits left in the tin now ???
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Sago Plum Pudding - Heaven!

• arpie
    Options
    Oh YUM ... I used to LOVE a decent Sago Plum Pudding - my Gran had one we used every Xmas instead of regular Plum pudding!!

Oh dear, @iserbrown - I tried to find my old 'school recipe book' & I think hubby may have beaten me to it ... it is NOT THERE!!   Grrrr 

hehe, Still got 5 Anzac biscuits left - I may be making some more tomorrow!  They ARE pretty easy!  ;) 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    Fruit cobbler 
    1 bag frozen mixed berries. 
    Plain cake mix
    Lemonade (not diet) 
    Empty fruit into shallow dish 
    Sprinkle a liberal amount of cake mixture over the fruit but not too much 
    Drizzle lemonade over the cake mixture no need to thoroughly wet it. Use about quarter of a can. This helps to make a delicious sweet sauce.
    Bake @200 until golden about 20 mins 
  • June1952
    Options
    Lemon Sago was the one we had to cook at the technical school cooking class.  Still have the old Emily Mac cookbook we used but the calico apron and embroidered hat are long gone .... !
  • Blondy
    Options
    My Fruit cobbler 
  • arpie
    Options
    That looks spectacular, @Blondy - well done!   It would go well with either ice cream or regular cream, I reckon!!

• Blondy
    Options
    Yes @arpie. Any kind of decadent cream. Xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Hahahaha @arpie. I followed your recipe but added some bunya nuts. I forgot how much Anzac bikkies spread. I doubled the recipe, ate a heap of dough, stuffed up my first batch, and made a slice with the remainder. Hubby isn’t complaining.
  • arpie
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!   Definitely need to keep them apart 'a bit'!!  ;)

They'll taste LOVELY tho!   :)  Well done
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Made a new batch of ANZAC biscuits. Mix drier as added a little extra oats and a little less brown sugar.  Baked at a higher temperature for 16mins. Batch created 37 biscuits 

• arpie
    Options
    Ooooh, this sounds yummy and rather decadent .... when I do my smoked fish pie I often have left over mashed potato ...

• June1952
    Options
    Who ever has leftover potatoes ????
    We could eat potatoes cooked any way, hot or cold, any time of the day or night so there are never 'leftovers'.
    We are told we must be Irish - and yes, there is a distant family history.
    Wii still try the recipe as we love all ingredients and would happily cook the potatoes for the recipe !!