What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    edited June 2021
    Options
    YUM!  Good ol’ comfort food!  What time is dinner?
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Thank you.  I should use my slow cooker more often.  Found the recipe, thanks.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 923
    Options
    @June1952 I should also use slow cooker more.  Now it's out of the back of the cupboard I might give it a run for its money.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Works well if you're out for the day and come home to a curry!
    Beef curry on at present 
  • arpie
    Options
    OK ..... I've bought myself a slightly used 5L Air Fryer from a local 'Buy/Sell' group ...

Who has one & what are your best recipes for me to try?  

(I don't 'do' frozen chips - but do fresh wedges ...... so hope they work too!). Friends rave over them - and it looks good for travelling with (even if staying in Motels?  Cook your own dinners??  The 5L one is small enough to do that!). The lady I bought it from is upgrading to a massive 25L one (like an oven!)
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Hi @arpie - a friend just bought one and is a real fan.  She finds recipes on the net.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Arpie
    WEdges - soak in water for 30mins  then in a little oil in a zip lock bag with your spices/salt /pepper then YUMMY I do 20 at 200* in our airfryer 

• iserbrown
    Options
    Not a meal as the heading suggests but an easy biscuit recipe.....instead of bought ones

Cornflake Biscuits 

Preheat oven to 180°
    . 125gm butter
    . 1/2 cup caster sugar
    . 1 egg
    . 1 cup SR Flour 
    . 1/4 cup currants 
    . Pinch Salt
    . 2 cups crushed gently Cornflakes

. Beat butter and sugar
    . Beat in egg
    . Fold in Flour, Currants and Salt
    . Mix well
    . Place cornflakes in a bowl and      spoon lightly heaped tablespoons of mixture into cornflakes 
    . Place 8cm apart 
    . Bake 15 -18 mins
    . Makes approx 24 biscuits 

Let's see how long they last!!

• arpie
    Options
    Looks YUMMY!!!  Who else is honing their cooking skills in this cold, wet & miserable lockdown (in NSW anyway!)

Here's a couple of Air Fry Veg (one with steak cooked normally ....). The Vege chippies are a winner!! (Tho hubby has gone 'off' pumpkin & sweet Potato ones!)

Potato, Sweet Potato & Pumpkin 'chips'

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @iserbrown do tell us how you did bake potato in your air fryer   ? do you mean a whole baked potato ? or baked potatoes 
  • iserbrown
    Options
    Oh I can see why you might think that!  I don't own an air fryer
    The above is a link on the net, whole potato
  • arpie
    edited July 2021
    Options
    hahaha, I thought you'd cooked it too!!  LOL. That link didn't work for me, hopefully this one is better!!

so leaving the BCNA website turned these links into dots & numbers ..... & was not working ..... so after news. - it should be yahoo . com (no spaces) and the rest of it!

https://news.****/made-baked-potato-air-fryer-134400457.html
  • iserbrown
    Options

Easy low fat Banana Bread

. 2 large ripe Bananas
    . 2tbsps Golden Syrup (or Honey)
    . 1 Egg
    . 3/4 cup Brown Sugar 
    . 1 cup SR Flour
    . Pinch Salt

Preheat oven to 180° and line a Loaf tin with Baking paper 

Mash Bananas and Golden Syrup in a bowl

Add Sugar and stir to combine 

Add Egg, Sifted Flour and Salt

Lightly mix to combine all ingredients 

Pour into lined loaf tin and sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar (optional) before placing in oven for 45 minutes  or until comes clean from a skewer

Always goes down a treat!
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    In South Africa, they call tinned food "Blikkies kos". A "blikkie" is a small tin and "kos" is food. Here is my favourite blikkieskos meal...Corned Beef Hash. Take 1 large chopped onion and saute gently till soft. Add 1 tin good quality corned beef (Aldi sell a really good one with no mystery tubes and pipes). Break up with wooden spoon in the pot. Add one tin chopped tomatoes with the juice, then 1 tin drained butter beans. Cook gently for about five minutes. I serve mine with baked potato and buttered cooked cabbage. The record for my doona levitating that night is about a foot high....