Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm I managed another hour before I had to get up but feel even worse now. 

@eastmum thank u - I’m glad this chapter is about to be finished!!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Dozed with bad dreams. Thumping headache now. Today will be brought to you courtesy of drugs...
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm I’m the same without the dreams but have a vaguely queasy tummy. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel That's no good. The Dex? That always made me a bit queasy to start with. Or anticipation for today?
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel ring that bell hard and best of luck for limited neuropathy. 

I think I will contact my oncologist today just to let her know mine is getting worse rather than better.

Such a good feeling to have chemo done and dusted. Celebrate today with something nice for yourself. x
  • JJ70
    Options
    Such a shit night's sleep. Hot, hot, cold, cold...hot. Blankets on, blankets off. Feet sore, pins and needles in hands.....blah blah blah.

In 24 hours I am due at hospital for m DIEP recon. Pretty nervous! My had would not let go of all the things I want to get done today. Even though I wrote myself a list, my mind just kept going over it all night and now I am too tired to get all that done! :(

I will have to prioritise..........
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm - I think it’s just tiredness and getting my needles phobia back after getting stuck so much this year. 

@JJ70 - no wonder u had a bad sleep so much on your mind. Good luck for u tomorrow - I will be thinking of u. My feet have finally come back to normal in the last couple of days just in time for the next, but thank god final dose xoxoxox
  • JJ70
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel please do mention it to your oncologist though. It seems the full effect of the neuropathy damage doesn't hit in for a while after chemo. xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Bugger!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @JJ70 I definately will - she is away at the big cancer conference in Vienna at the moment. 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @JJ70
    wishing you all the best with your surgery tomorrow and a speedy recovery. Take care
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Good luck tmoz @JJ70 Marg xxx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Thinking of you @JJ70 and wishing you the very best tomorrow. Hugs xxxxx
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @JJ70
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options

tigerbeth said:

Omg my nights have been shitty lately !!
    Back at work this week , cramps in my legs all night long !! 
    Ive always suffered from cramps on & off ( thanks dad) , & have been taking magnesium which I thought was helping ! Not now ! 
    Not sure if it is my new boots , standing up more or what ! Bloody annoying ! 
    Got up last night @2.00 & I'm drenched in sweat !! Joy of joys !!!
    thought I'd dodged night sweats ,aparrently not !!!

Hi @tigerbeth I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time especially when you have returned to work. My physio always says that new shoes particularly ones with height in the heel at all, will exacerbate cramps.  Are they flats? There is an old trick that is now used on the footy field, it's going to sound weird though.  Get a bottle of pickles (yes the little cucumbers in the vinegar jar), keep it beside you bed and as soon as you wake with the cramps you can sniff the liquid although swirling some around your mouth (it is also absorbed via the mucous membranes in your mouth) is better.  If you are in real strife you can swallow a small amount too.  I would try the first 2 options before swallowing it I think.  Good luck and I hope you get some rest.  Ann

This discussion has been closed.