Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    There are all sorts of old fashioned remedies for itches. Bicarb soda is another that has worked for me.  I'm just not sure if I'd be applying any of them to a surgical wound if there were other options. It's hard to imagine that cornflour would do any harm on its own, but it could set up a nice little environment for the nasties if you weren't careful.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thank you @Sister.

@Zoffiel The worst itch is now my cleavage, which has been going since I woke up from the anaesthetic. Yesterday it started to come up in a rash which is still there. I wouldn't consider home remedies for the incicions, just this area.

Big night: I managed five and a half hours without waking!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hey @Kagisha, how are you getting on?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Try a bit of bicarb past on your wrist, just to make sure that doesn't irritate you, I find it helps if someone inadvertently slaps a bit of tape on me when I'm not concentrating on what they are doing.   or maybe old fashioned calamine?
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Zoffiel Will do. Seeing the GP tonight. Will ask what she recommends.
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options
    @kmakm  How did you go with your GP?  Was she able to offer some relief?
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options
    So I am on here again, unable to sleep.  Tomorrow is my last chemo...yippee! I wish I could get a decent sleep though as I won't want to get up in the morning in time for the appointment :)  
  • kmakm
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks @annsan. I have some cortisone cream that appears to have helped a bit. She thinls it might be an allergic reaction to one of the meds. I'm not taking anything now so hopefully it will die down.

Hope you got some sleep in the end and that you get to ring a bell today! Well done & congratulations. K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    Just woke from a bad dream about having a recurrence  :/
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Ah, bugger @kmakm - those sort of dreams are not allowed.

@annsan Woo hoo - last chemo!

I had my 4th taxol yesterday - didn't get home till much later after picking kids up, then had tea, etc, etc.  Fell asleep on the couch at 6pm, dragged myself up to bed around 8pm, slept until 4am!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm I had a dream I was at my final chemo and they forgot to put the cold cap on and all my remaining hair fell out. 

I tend to to go to sleep well till about 2 or 3 and then I just kind of snooze for the rest of the night/morning. Just feel perpetually exhausted and all my muscles feel like I have climbed Everest!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I know the feeling well @Kiwi Angel
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Sister frustrating isn’t it. I feel like an old woman!!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Omg my nights have been shitty lately !!
    Back at work this week , cramps in my legs all night long !! 
    Ive always suffered from cramps on & off ( thanks dad) , & have been taking magnesium which I thought was helping ! Not now ! 
    Not sure if it is my new boots , standing up more or what ! Bloody annoying ! 
    Got up last night @2.00 & I'm drenched in sweat !! Joy of joys !!!
    thought I'd dodged night sweats ,aparrently not !!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @tigerbeth that sux - sounds like a horrible night!!
This discussion has been closed.