Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options
    @Eastmum so sorry to hear that you are unwell and in hospital.  I have had 3 treatments of AC and my fourth one is this Friday.  I have had Neulasta injections are each chemo and so far (touch wood) I have not become neutropaenic.  I had a complication after chemo no.3 but that was an issue with the port-a-cath and possibly a reaction to the dex.  I hope you are improving, rest up!! Thinking of you. Ann
  • annsan
    Options
    @kmakm I am pleased that you are getting better albeit slowly.  I am allergic to a lot of different tapes so I know what you mean.  You must be exhausted from the infection and allergic reaction.  I am sorry you are tired but can't sleep.  I have had a run of migraines the last couple of days, darn things.  I normally only get 2 or 3 a year, but since starting chemo I am getting at least 1 every couple of weeks and in this instance 2 in 2 days.  Oh well, I'll manage.  I am tired too, but struggling to sleep.  It's quite cruel isn't it, being tired but not being able to sleep.  I have my last chemo this Friday, so hopefully happy days ahead.  I do hope your dermatitis settles quickly.  You are indeed a very strong woman. I hope the sleep fairies come soon.  Ann
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Last night I had a dream about having matted hair that I couldn't get a brush through....funny. In reality my hair is about 1.5 cm long!! :D:#:D
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    :| I'm so exhausted this week that I could sleep all day and night
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel What a pain you can't sleep at this stage, I'm so sorry you're having trouble. You're almost at the end, hang in there. K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @annsan Two migraines in two days?? That is frightful! You poor, poor thing. On the flipside, last chemo on Friday, huzzah!! What a relief to have that over and done with. What's next for your treatment?

No let up in the itching this morning I'm afraid. It's terrible... K xox
  • annsan
    Options
    @kmakm It's really sad to hear you are suffering so badly with the itch.  I am sure you have tried all the usual things. As odd as this may sound, I read in a medical magazine that there is a connection between gut flora and certain skin conditions.  I am a great believer in probiotics.  If you are not already taking them, it's worth a try.  In about 4 weeks, I start a month of radiation therapy. Thinking of you and hoping you get some relief very soon. Hugs. Ann
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
     I was wondering if you were having a reaction to the tape. I get a nasty rash if anyone uses tegaderm or it's extended family on me. This has been a bit of an issue--there seems to be a general reluctance to accept I'm allergic to the glue as my reactions are not extreme. I get blisters and itches; the tighter the tape is applied and the longer it stays on, the worse it gets. A mild steroid cream seems to help, but in the end I have to insist that no-one uses it on me. This is, apparently, an inconvenience in many surgical environments.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @annsan I have been drinking Kombucha and Yakult for weeks! Gonna get me some kimchi when I get to the supermarket too.

@Zoffiel The PS, his nurse & the GP think I'm allergic to the adhesive on the micropore tape. He wants to see me next week. Meanwhile the worst itch of all is in my cleavage, a place which has never bothered me before in this way. And today it's come over all spotty. Something new to show the GP tomorrow...
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    I would really like to drink Kombucha but my oncologist told me not to.
  • annsan
    Options
    @kmakm  Micropore is considered to be one of the more gentle tapes, so I feel for you.  I am allergic to lyofoam dressing which is a pressure dressing that they used after my breast surgery.  I take Inner Health and Meta Align which you buy from the chemist.  Inner Health is the only one that survives when you are taking antibiotics as obviously AB's kill most probiotics.  As we need many strains to help with our gut flora and immune system, I prefer to take two different types. I really hope your nasty itch settles down.  I remember by Mum telling me an old fashion remedy for an uncomfortable itch is good old cornflour.  You apply it directly to the irritated area.  It has saved me many times.  Hugs, Ann
  • annsan
    Options

Zoffiel said:

I was wondering if you were having a reaction to the tape. I get a nasty rash if anyone uses tegaderm or it's extended family on me. This has been a bit of an issue--there seems to be a general reluctance to accept I'm allergic to the glue as my reactions are not extreme. I get blisters and itches; the tighter the tape is applied and the longer it stays on, the worse it gets. A mild steroid cream seems to help, but in the end I have to insist that no-one uses it on me. This is, apparently, an inconvenience in many surgical environments.

@Zoffiel Keep insisting.  An inconvenience to Doctors and Nurses can be a real issue for you.  Whilst I am a shy person, I have learnt to be strong when it comes to things that I am allergic to.  If you know of a tape that you can tolerate, then suggest that as an alternative.  A positive can out way a negative.  Good Luck.  Ann
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thanks @annsan. Cornflour? Wow. I'll give that a try tomorrow.
  • annsan
    Options

kmakm said:

Thanks @annsan. Cornflour? Wow. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

I swear by it!  It absorbs moisture which helps....particulalry here in Brisbane.  I think you will find it soothing and I sincerely hope it helps.  Ann
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I've never used it but I've heard that cornflour can help, too - I just don't know if it has to be real cornflour (the cheaper ones are generally wheat flour, believe it or not).  You may want to check with your doctor but diluted Pinetarsal is really good for itches, as well.
This discussion has been closed.