Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    @Eastmum I  had the neulasta also every time but still ended up in hospital for 10 days with pneumonia from neutropenia, and another time for 3 days , I hope you recover better than I did. Good luck with everything.
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Oh wow @kittykat that’s severe! Was that on AC? You’re making a very good case for me to behave myself and stop
    trying to talk them in to sending me home! They’re still checking everything - so still hanging in here. 
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 946
    Options
    Hi there @Eastmum ...I also had febrile neutropenia after each dose of AC chemo. Clocked up 56 days in all in hospital over that 12 week period. After the first dose and following neutropenia, I had the Neulasta injections, but still became severely neutropaenic with high fever each time. I was told that the Neulasta does not prevent neutropenia, but that it does shorten the time for the neutrophils to bounce back. Enjoy the forced rest and hope you're home soon.
  • Eastmum
    Options
    Hi @AllyJay I remember you saying this earlier and was hoping it wouldn’t be the same for me. Did it happen during Taxol as well? 
    I’m chilled now - glad I’m in the right place though really dying to get home. 
    “This too shall pass” 
    xxxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Eastmum - just try to enjoy the downtime - I hope u took a book!
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 946
    Options
    Hi @Eastmum , only during the AC chemo..thankfully. No hospitalisation during the taxol, but bear in mind, I have other (as they put it soooo nicely) co morbid medical conditions as well. It will indeed pass and will soon be just a nasty memory xoxo
  • Eastmum
    Options
    No @Kiwi Angel I was decidedly unprepared! My son brought my laptop so I could work but I can’t connect to a server so I’ve been on my phone all day. I’ll take advice from @AllyJay and have a bag ready next time! 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Eastmum - bummer. Hopefully there isn’t a next time for u though. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Yes @Eastmum only during AC,
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    @eastmum -so sorry to hear this. I too had this with AC. Take it easy -good to know you are being looked after -all the best 
  • Eastmum
    Options
    Thanks @MoiraC did you have it after each AC? Or just once? 
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Sorry@eastmum -I had EC not AC! All these bloo***y letters and it was after first treatment -they lowered dose after hospital but I only lasted 2 more treatments as I got too sick....then to Paklitakel-more problems! Now on Xeloda -more problems but dose now lowered and doing much better. I say all this as it seems there are quite a few options -of course depends on each individual situations but my onc tells me there are many options. Hope you can rest well in hospital -all the best M 
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options
    @kmakm How are you?  Is the infection improving?  Thinking of you.  Ann
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @annsan Yes thank you. It appears to be slowly on the improve. I was asked to send photos and after seeing them my plastic surgeon rang. He thinks it's dermatis too, from the adhesive on the micropore tape, so I'm having a break from that and going to see him next week. I am tired! How are you getting on?
This discussion has been closed.