Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @annsan Extraordinary!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @JJ70 hope u got some sleep and good luck for today. 

I think my last chemo is going to give me the gift of compounding symptoms. Worst hot flushes ever last night and I feel like I normally would on a Thursday or Friday. Might take today off work. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea @Kiwi Angel - take care of yourself.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @annson that's a 'new' old one !! Never heard of that remedy 
    As I'm not a pickle fan (always chucked them out of a Big Mac) that might make me want to vomit ! But I guess I'd be distracted from the cramps then ! Lol ! 
    Trying the magnesium oil first , think my order arrives today , but  ii'll get a jar of cucumbers as a back up !! 
    Up at about 2 last night still awake when hubbys alarm went off at 4.40 !! Ugh !! Waking up hot as !! & legs threatening to cramp 
    New boots have same size heels as I usually wear to work , can't wear flats constantly as I have Achilles problems ! Oh the joys !! 
    Have to get up & organised today as I'm having the bone density scan today . 
    Have a good day ladies xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @tigerbeth You too. The DEXA is the easiest scan you'll ever have!
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options
    @tigerbeth You could try sniffing the liquid in the jar of pickles first if you think you can't tolerate it orally.  Apparently it is very common at footy games for the players to use that remedy for instant relief.  I only occasionally get leg cramps but I have found that if my legs/feet are too hot or too tightly wrapped in the sheets, then that tends to bring on the cramps. I nearly always sleep with my feet out of the side of the bed. I don't eat pickles either......ghastly little things! :D:D  I hope your scan went well.  Regards. Ann
  • magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    Options
    I was hoping it would all stop once I was a few years out - but it hasn't. I often sleep really well, but when the insomnia fairy comes it's ALWAYS when I have something to do the next day and really need sleep.
    I get up, knit or embroider, have a warm drink. Panadol Osteo works for me too after the the other things.
    Sweet dreams - if you can fight the dark ones away.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    In the interests of balance I'd just like to say I love pickles!

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @kmakm Ok after I've sniffed them you can have them !!! :):)
  • kmakm
    Options
    @tigerbeth Deal!
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Another sleepless night tonight following on from a lousy day.  I think my final chemo last Friday wants to go out with a big bang....not impressed!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    I had a dream about 2am that they found weird spots in my knee that they wanted to biopsy so then I spent the whole night tossing and turning and dreaming about cancer. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Horrible. I've had similar. Does not make for a good night's sleep at all. Sorry luv. And you @annsan. I could not get to sleep. Tossed and turned for an hour. Cancer cancer cancer running round in my brain. Ended up taking a Temazepam, first one in well over a month.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm I was tempted to take one too about 2.30am but I haven’t taken one before and didn’t want a sleeping tablet hangover today as well since I have to work. 
This discussion has been closed.