Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Recurrence in lymph nodes

Options

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Thoughts are with you and your family, I can't even imagine what you must be going through not what you wanted to hear.   Big Hug from North Queensland.  Let us know how you go with your oncologist and know we are all here for you. xox
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @sallylovestosing, thinking of you

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    All the best for your oncology today. <3
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    That's a real bugger @sallylovestosing ...  Thinking of you and your family as you have your Onc appointment today.

Big hugs coming your way xx
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Crappy news Sally...as you and others have said...back into the fray with all the weapons your Sergeant At Arms (aka oncologist) can give you. Chin up...get that thousand yards stare going and go kick arse. Sending a big cyber hug ((( ))).
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @sallylovestosing sorry to hear your news, all the best with the oncology appointment today, it will be a huge relief to have a treatment plan in place and underway.  Wishing you all the best today.
  • strongtogether
    strongtogether Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Wish you all the best.
  • shs14
    shs14 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Sending you lots of love and light @sallylovestosing, the treatments are improving so much these days, I like to think they are getting closer to beating this dreadful disease or at least holding it at bay indefinitely! 
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    That's really crap @sallylovestosing and I hope that after seeing your oncologist today your head is a bit clearer. It always seems to help once you know what your facing and what they can do to fix it or at least manage it. I also have had cancer return to my Lymph nodes in my axilla and across my chest, surgery is not an option for me either so I am on round 6 of Xeloda and thankfully scans a few weeks ago show that the cancer is responding and shrinking. Please let us know how things go today x
  • sallylovestosing
    sallylovestosing Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Well here we are - had a long talk with my oncologist yesterday. Disease has spread to lymph nodes in chest and neck/collarbone area, which means surgery and radiation are not an option. He said as nicely as possible that where we are at is no longer expecting a cure, but now working to give me the best quality of life for however long that may be - and his best guess was that two years would be probably what we could hope for. Working very hard to get my head round this - certainly not where I hoped or expected to be right now. So many hard questions to ask myself and my darling husband- so many hard conversations to have. Definitely NOT taking this lying down but just knocked a bit sideways at the moment.
    Start Chemo tomorrow - Eribulin - 3 week cycle- 2weeks on, one week off. Any thoughts/ suggestions gratefully accepted 😘
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read  your news.
    That's a lot for you and hubby to cope with.
    We are all here willing you along.
    Please accept a virtual hug and best wishes for a smooth run through treatment 
    Take care
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    That's just crappy, @sallylovestosing
    My only suggestion would be to think about a Portacath to make infusions and blood collection a bit easier on yourself
    Sending hugs and lots of care
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I just wanted to say how sad I am for you. There are no words of comfort that will ease this devastating diagnosis, just know we are here for you whenever you need us. And we are all hoping for the next miracle in breast cancer treatment for you. And also for you to prove them wrong.  X
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi @sallylovestosing please know that you can call the BCNA Helpline to speak to a cancer nurse for support and assistance on 1800 500 258. Take care of you, we are here for you whenever you need.