Completely overwhelmed

Comments

• Loobylou
    Loobylou Member Posts: 49
    @Sister thank you, when I go for the neulasta injection today I will ask, don't see my onc until the 13th before my next round. Although I was very impressed, I emailed the rooms with a question and got a reply in 10 mins. The nurs yesterday kept saying what a good oncologist I have, which was reassuring.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    @Loobylou  nausea and vomiting was my big thing so I also went onto Somac as well as Phenergan with my next chemo.  Big Hugs hope you can get the nausea under control soon.  Lemonade icey poles helped me as well or red pawpaw, watermelon or pineapple when you can't eat much.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Loobylou I never got reflux in my life u til chemo. Get a script for nexium 40mg to have on hand. I had to take it every day while I was going through chemo. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Loobylou so u have some good pain meds?  I got bone pain from the neulasta injection and it was the worst the first time. Ended up taking panadine forte for 2 cycles and had an endone every now and then. Worth asking for a script to have something on hand. @Zoffiel swears by antihistamines for the bone pain too. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited February 2019
    @Loobylou Give your oncologist or breastcare nurse a ring to ask about the meds, or call the chemo ward. Some bizarre things get contraindicated along the way so it's always best to speak to one of your medical professionals about it.

The hormone therapy I'm on is fine with everything except grapefruit! None of that for me for 5 - 10 years. Weird! K xox
  • Loobylou
    Wow feel like crap today.  Lack of sleep massive headache  nausea and tingling in my fingers. Going to be a tough day. Is this normal 2 days after chemo? 
  • Loobylou
    Should add, spoke to chemo nurse yesterday while getting injection and have taken all the meds they said to.. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Let your onc know about the tingling fingers before your next infusion @Loobylou.

AC folk, are you able to help @Loobylou with her query about feeling how she does two days later?

Hang in there lovely. K xox
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I always felt awful two days after AC. The very first one I felt like I had a really bad case of flu from day four, I only had this the first time. The night of chemo I got horrible heartburn, the next day nausea set in. The headaches started in the chair as did my tingly fingers. I found the first by far the worst.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Massive headaches and  lack of sleep was part of mine on AC....  Nausea also ... 

If I remember correctly Onco said due to Steroids I was taking  = the headache and also they stop you from sleeping .... 

Nausea and Diarrhea were my 2 themes throughout my whole chemo regime ... 
    Tingling is definitely something I would be checking out today with BC Nurse if you have one or  Onco (team) 

Loobylou I felt like my head was going to explode the pounding was gross... 

Plenty of fluids and take whatever they have said you can for it. 
    Have they given you Nausea meds? 

hugs 
    Soldiercrab
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Steroids have a lot to answer for but not an easy option to give them up if you have nausea. Best wishes. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I didn't have adequate meds for my first one and made the mistake of thinking that I had to wait until Monday to do anything about it.  I couldn't stand up due to "jellyfish syndrome" and I couldn't lay down as I would feel so ill and had a constant headache.  Stemetil did nothing.  On Monday after ringing, my onc wrote a script for Ativan (nausea) and Somac (reflux) and had it faxed to my usual chemist so hubby could pick it up.  Totally changed everything.  Somac did become less effective as I went through treatment and it was then changed to Nexium.

Regarding the tingling fingers, I would definitely call the clinic.  They'll either say don't worry about it or they'll give you some advice.
  • Loobylou
    Nausea tablets are working great. Had some for the 2 days after and then some to take as needed.
    Tingling is ok I get it any way from carpel tunnel. Often at night.
    Just completely wiped out but the heat isn't helping. Wanted to go out to walk to get moving but it's too hot  Maybe if I am up at 5am tomorrow!! 
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Thinking of you  @Loobylou  Hope the tingling has eased up along with the headaches.  Make sure to keep the fluids up when you can.  Easier said than done sometimes though.  xo
  • Loobylou
    Morning! Haven't posted for a few days as felt OK, bit sore and easily tired, but none of the awful pains I expected, which is making me really nervous for round 2... Have read it can be awful.
    also going to be pin cushion tommorow as having pre chemo bloods and Brca testing.
    hair is slowly falling out, like when you stroke a cat and get hair on your hands. Hot flushes are a gem!
    have screamed at the universe a few times, my kids haven't really talked about what's happening but I have been told of tears at school - I am very lucky their school community cares so much.
    how have you found second chemo? ESP those on dose dense?