Good luck @Loobylou Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hope it all goes smoothly @Loobylou
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Holding thumbs for you @Loobylou..I hope it all goes well...you've got this. Ally.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Hope your day goes smoothly @Loobylou thinking of you xx
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Good luck lovely.  Number one is the worst.

xoxoxox
  • Loobylou
    Loobylou Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you
    So round 1 done 
    Feel a bit foggy but that could be the valium they give me as I kept bursting into tears. Glad I wasn't driving as I came out feeling very tired and heavy legged. Got my anti nausea meds ready and already peeing out Fanta! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh I sobbed for an hour during my first chemo infusion @Loobylou. So that's completely normal as far as I'm concerned! Big hug, K xox
  • Sister
    Options
    My first chemo left me so exhausted I had to be supported to the car or I may have fallen over.  It may also have been the extra anti-nausea drugs they had to give me toward the end of the infusion.  Nausea remained a problem for me throughout chemo but we all got better at controlling it.  As you say, 1 round done!  
  • Loobylou
    Options
    Had to take extra anti nausea last night  slept on and off and peed a lot! Woken nauseas this morning and a headache, can I take panadol? 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Loobylou I always say to double check with your medical team but I was fine to take panadol. Hope u feel better. Do u have some zoffran?  Best thing for nausea. xoxox
  • Loobylou
    Options
    I get my Inj at 2pm so will ask them
  • Sister
    Options
    I was able to take Panadol and when needed, Panadeine, during chemo but always best to ask.  My onc prescribed Ativan for nausea which was fantastic, but does make you drowsy (it's generally used as an anti-anxiety med but works well for nausea).  It certainly doesn't hurt to sleep a lot of those first few days away!  I also took Somac and later, Nexium, for reflux.  I'd never really had reflux before so didn't recognise it but apparently that's the reason that I felt so sick when laying down.
  • Loobylou
    Options
    Got dexamethazone for next 2 days for nausea, just taken 2 after forcing some breakfast down! Did get anything for reflux, will gaviscon be ok?