Completely overwhelmed

Options

Comments

• Loobylou
    Loobylou Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Watching the Good Doctor this evening, felt like it was a cancer special. Got the whole family asking if I am ok, do I want to watch this... Interesting line about having a community going through the same increases health, wonder if that's true? Certainly good for the mental health to come on here and let it go...
    Well off to bed to try to sleep. 11 hours until my appointment.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh Loobylou 
    it can be hard my daughter chose a movie to sit with me one night while I was in chemo land .... Lo and behold it was about someone dying of cancer she was so distressed that I might be distressed .... it turned into a really good heart to heart session about where I was emotionally at the time.... 

Breathe and remember we have your back .... pop back on tomorrow and let us know how it went and rant vent cry we get it.... 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    What do you mean @Loobylou when you say "having a community going through the same increases health"?

Best wishes for tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for you. K xox
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Thinking of you tomorrow @Loobylou
    Big hugs xx
  • Loobylou
    Options
    @kmakm it was a line on the program, so may just be drama but the sentiment was, talking to people going through the same increased/helped your recovery rate.
    thanks everyone, nearly joined the night howls last night!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Loobylou Interesting.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    I can identify with that @Loobylou. I only joined this group after the AC part of my chemo but before the paclitaxol and herceptin and then the bilateral mastectomy. If I'd had the support of this group during the first 12 weeks, I might not have been better as such, but I think I would have coped better. I spent a total of 56 days and nights in hospital over that period due to severe side effects and or cross effects with other co existing medical conditions. I almost threw in the towel towards the end, until my usual f**k this, f**k them, f**k the world, attitude rode to the rescue and I crawled over the line. My DIL is a new mother again and is coping much better this time around as she is part of a new mothers with toddlers group. With her first one, she flew solo as she was scared of being judged on her mothering skills by others, and she struggled. Any difficult situation, health or otherwise, is easier if you see others going through the same and supporting each other. Special Forces military training also comes to mind. Those boofy gung ho blokes all help and support each other through training and I'll hazard a guess that many more would fall out if this was not the case. Each has to carry their load, and each has to do the walking, but as a group, many people cope better. Many, but not all...some do better on their own and that's what suits their personality better.
  • Loobylou
    Options
    @allyjay I can empathise with the new mother group, I was going to fly solo with my first, but 16 years later those women are willing to get on a flight from halfway around the world just to come and support me. Women are strong but together we are awesome xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hear hear @Loobylou.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Thinking of you today @Loobylou xx
  • Loobylou
    Options
    So, bone and ct scan clear :)
    just the one lump, so AC chemo starts next week for 4 weeks then taxol for 12 weeks. 
    Had echogram today and bloods.
    Feeling remarkably positive... 
  • Loobylou
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Sorry, AC for 4 Rounds - 1 every 2 weeks
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hooray! And phew! That is excellent to hear.

@JJ70 had dose dense AC. She might be able to advise you broadly what to exppect. Remembering that beyond a few similarities, the side effects can be wildly varied.

Onwards and upwards! K xox
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Hi @Loobylou......if you have any questions let me know..I did 4x Dose Dense Ac then 4x Dose Dense Paclitaxel from Dec 2107-March last year. 
  • Loobylou
    Options
    @jj70 thank you. Yes will message you if anything comes up, still processing it all at the moment and what to get done in the next week before everything changes...