Great news @Loobylou.  xoxoxo
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Awesome News Loobylou 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Great news ! @Loobylou you'll smash this with the help of everyone!
    i can't help with chemo stuff but anything else please don't hesitate to contact me 
    hugs xx
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    One recommendation @Loobylou   would be to have some pharmaceuticals on hand. AC usually messes with your gut - it goes one way or the other. I had severe constipation for months - if you notice any gut changes, just get on to it quickly. I ended up with an arsenal of things like Actilax, Coloxyl with Senna, Movicol etc. Some people get diarrhea, though so just be vigilant and don't wait....once you notice which way you're going - take action!  Ask your oncologist for advice - if you've got a good one. 
  • Loobylou
    Loobylou Member Posts: 49
    Options
    @jj70 the oncologist has mentioned multiple medicines I am going to need and a big box to keep it all in... Good to know to hit it quick, thanks 
  • Sazbe
    Sazbe Member Posts: 19
    Options
    So happy for you that the scans were all clear woohoo  :smiley:
  • Loobylou
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Breast care nurse called me today, she asked me what my thoughts for headgear are as it's going to be quite warm still for a while ( she didn't recommend wigs or beanies at the moment) is there anywhere where people sell their hats they no longer need or use?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Don't get too worried about that in advance. My experience, and I've had a bit, is that it is impossible to gauge what suits you, of what will actually fit you head. I couldn't wear scarves, they always slipped sideways and made me look like a demented pirate--think Jack Sparrow. In the end I just went bald in summer unless I was in the sun, wigged it madly ( bought online cheap as) during winter and took a beanie everywhere just in case
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Loobylou I started with one hat from the local shop, a sleep cap, to catch the hair as it came out while I slept so it didn't go all over the bed.

The hospital I went to for chemo had a box of freebiez, some quite nice turban styles if that's your thing. I'd suggest asking at the place where you're having your treatment. If it's the same as mine, you might get lucky.

There are some headwear websites that are incredibly cheap. There's a list here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @zoffiel I think the Jack Sparrow look sounds charming.

Mine was mostly during Winter but I went mostly with scarves and beanies, many of which were donated or picked up in Op Shops.  I was also given a wig by someone.  Re: wigs - I would avoid rushing out and buying one.  Many places have wig libraries and you may find you'll hardly wear it.  Oh, I also wore baseball caps and sunhats (if straw, you may need a cloth cap underneath).  Other than that, I went without.
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi Loobylou, I found some really nice head scarves on EBay, I think they were around $10 each.
    So far that’s all I have bought, may look into a wig whe the weather gets cooler , or some nice beanies ready for winter.
    I did get my head shaved to a no 1 . When my hair started falling out in huge handfuls, it is now almost gone, and I’m due to have the third round of chemo this week. My headscarves are being put to use now.
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    @Loobylou Hi so happy to hear your results, I don’t really comment very much as I am quite new myself but I do want to say there are such wonderful supporters on this group and some nights I just read and read to help with my anxiousness. I am having my 3/4 chemo in the morning. I went to a Look Good Feel Better Workshop which is a National Support Group who help bc patients. In my community the volunteers who run this group also run a Wig Library which I thought I’d never wear but am loving the feeling of looking natural when I leave the house. My bc nurse gave me a beanie which I love n where everyday. Wash and wear lol. The oncology unit has lots of freebies as well. My daughter sent away online for two beanies but I didn’t go much on them so I will donate to hospital. I got a sticky support for wearing a scarf from the workshop free so might give it a go as well. Good luck with moving forward on your journey 💕
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    @Shellshocked2018_ I hope your chemo is going okay for you 💕 My 3/4 is tomorrow morning at 8am.
  • Loobylou
    Options
    Chemo day today.. First one of 16 scheduled starting with AC dose dense for 4 rounds.. .