Coping with a cancer diagnosis at Christmas, some helpful tips...

Options
13»

Comments

• Sweetpetal
    Sweetpetal Member Posts: 29
    Options
    @Milly21 unfortunately it's only me and my partner for xmas but he's been great :)<3
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Options
    I started chemo on 3rd December 2016 after lumpectomy and full axillary clearance.  3 week cycles meant I could get a second dose in on the 23rd December.  Unfortunately, had planned to return to WA for christmas extended stay but had to cancel.  My daughter visited and looked after me.  Xmas dinner was pizza and a bakery cake.  Very relaxing, I just had to give in and accept the situation, as was feeling a bit sick (understatement) and oncologist said too risky to fly.

2 years down the track and I find I have a suspicious lump on same breast and now booked in for biopsy next week.  Once again, had a flight booked to return to WA for extended stay with
    family and new grandchild arriving and am now wondering if Ill have to cancel that too.

Its never a good time to find a lump, christmas or no christmas.

Merry christmas all.    

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh cripes @Payne, you poor thing. That's a total bugger. I will be crossing everything for you. Hopefully it won't be a nasty. Let us know how you get on. K xox
  • Payne
    Options
    Thank you @kmakm,  Wednesday morning.  Im going to take diazepam, I still remember well how awful the first one was.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,381
    Options
    We are all hoping for the best case scenario for you @Payne. AND I hope this biopsy is not as rough as your first one. My first one was horrendous but I have had two since then with minimal pain.
  • Payne
    Options
    Thanks, that is encouraging @Blossom1961
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    oh Payne I am sorry to hear you need another biopsy I had some lumps and had to have biopsies again I was like you concerned after my first but this next lot were not as painful.... they also turned out to be new scar tissue 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    Oh BUGGER @Payne - never a good time to find one :(   That is one nasty shock.  All the best for the biopsy - fingers crossed it is just scar tissue 

Thinking of you      

Take care xx

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    If it's a 'thing' it may be possible to go anyway. Good luck. Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    All the best @Payne
  • Payne
    Options
    Thanks Ladies, Ill let you know the outcome
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Payne all the best with the biopsy next week, fingers crossed that its absolutely nothing to worry about.  Take care
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Thinking of you @Payne and fingers and toes crossed for you.