Our Gardens

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Awesome pics, @Annie C   I hope any baby tawnies stay safe!

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    What an amazing backyard you have @Annie C
  • arpie
    Options
    Amazing @Annie C  - our little nest is still empty & unloved after the Burrawongs cleaned out the babies :(   

• j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Wow! They look. Like prehistoric thistle! 😁
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Zoffiel
    What a stunning background for other plants. I think I would rather plant them for their flower colour and structure than their nutritional value. Better watch out Marg, the Triffids might be taking revenge in your garden. 

• arpie
    Options
    That is amazing @Zoffiel  - I never 'took to them' as a food source ...... seemed a waste of time, sucking the leaves of what appeared to be a succulent ..... and no bloody flavour either ...... but STUNNING as a plant!

@Annie C  - the bird parents who lost the first lot of chicks have built another nest in a 'lesser bush' and had another clutch of chicks ... but now it is down to 1 again!  :(   

First nest that was very sturdy & protected from the wind (both died or taken by other birds)

2nd nest in inappropriate tree ... and VERY flimsy nest - now only with one chick!  (Two at time of pic.)

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    hello @Zoffiel
    I love artichokes and have never seen the plants flower! Wow amazing, my mum used to have those in her garden.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Loving all these photos & stories 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Your Mum's would have been eaten before they got to that stage, wouldn't they @Giovanna_BCNA I have always wanted to try them but not sure that I can make head or tail of the recipes.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Sister you are so right, they never had the chance to flower!