What book are you reading?

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Romla I love Shimla, it's one of my favourite places in India. I could be visiting for a third time in January; I've got some people interested in going.

Very happy to have it mailed. Thank you!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Easy @ kmakm pm an address and will send when I finish it.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    I am just nearing the finish of Di Morrisey's Kimberley Sun (a buddy loaned me about 20 of her books!!!) and will then start on a biography on Prince Albert (after watching the ABC series of Victoria!)  

It will be interesting - he had doubtful parentage, a demanding, doting wife, HEAPS of kids ..... and was a reformer  & innovator as well! - tho h dies young (which was attributed to the bad behaviour of their son, the Prince of Wales!)  
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Love some of Di Morrissey's books @arpie.  Read that one not long ago. xo
    Heading for a barra fish on Tuesday.  See how I go on the water all day. Send you a pic if I get anything.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Good on you, @kitkatb - good luck with the barra!  Hope you catch a whopper!!!  I would LOVE to see the pics!  :) 

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I've been reading a lot of non-fiction lately (well, if you don't count John Clarke's last book, which is somewhere in between!) so I have bought a Philip Dick (classic sci-fi) and Grahame Greene's Travels with my Aunt. I don't plan to mix with the CIA or war criminals on holiday but may as well be prepared......,
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    @Afraser I like nonfiction and am a big fan of Mary S Lovell who has written well researched biographies about some remarkable  people in history with my personal favourite being “A rage to live” about the explorer Sir Richard Burton and his wife Isabel.Another favourite nonfiction author Simon Winchester who writes about quirky events in history -“The Surgeon of Crowthorne” about the creation of the Oxford dictionary is a favourite.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Currently reading two - Fight Like a Girl (feminist N-F) and The Rosie Project series for light relief.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    As long as you don't meet any @Afraser!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Meeting's OK, who knows who you actually meet. Just not mixing.......
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Just finished "Any human heart" by William Boyd. A bit male-rites-of-passage early on, and very much a male view throughout, but truly engaging and though-provoking. 
    Best book last year "The nightingale won't let me sleep" - forget the author though; absolutely SUPERB.
  • kitkatb
    Hi @arpie said I would post a couple of pics of fish if I got some. We both forgot to take out our camera's so these are from the next day filleting the fish.  Got a couple of Barra, biggest was 86 cm  and a 72 cm.  So good being out on the water after so long although absolutely knackered today as caught up with me. ( but boy was it worth it )  I have always appreciated going out but seemed even more precious this time after so long just the smell of the ocean and watching the birds.  Bliss. xox
  • kitkatb

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @kitkatb Wow! Dinner plus!
  • kitkatb
    Your'e  not wrong  @Flaneuse my husband has some aged uncles who can no longer get out fishing so we give a few fillets away.  But yes we love fresh fish.  xo