What book are you reading?

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I am into a little light relief just now .... a buddy gave me a bunch of Di Morrisey books to read & i have finished about 6 so far ..... got 7 more to go!!  Get light reading!

And they all have different story lines - she does good research on her stories!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Does anyone have a Goodreads account ? 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh my gosh @Wendy55, what an exquisite piece of writing. Thank you for drawing our attention to it.

It is about a death, so avoid if you're feeling sensitive at the moment.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life-and-relationships/life-on-the-medical-front-line-when-there-s-only-a-last-goodbye-20181025-p50bsb.html
  • Hankster
    Hankster Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Eleanor ollifant is doing just fine,  highly recommended,  not often everyone in my book club agrees but they all enjoyed this 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I use Goodreads a lot @SoldierCrab - mostly for reviews on books that I purchase for work.  Interestingly, lots of the students who get into reading use it, too.
  • Sister
    Options
    Sounds like a good one @Hankster

Just read the article - reminded me so much of seeing my FIL go earlier this year after being nursed in the final weeks at home.  That book could be an interesting read, too.
  • ~Millie~
    ~Millie~ Member Posts: 61
    edited November 2018
    Options

Does anyone have a Goodreads account ? 

Yes, I do. Tracking the number of books I've read this year. Over 80 and still going!

I'm also part of Net Galley which offers pre-release books for free in exchange for reviews.
    https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/
    xx
  • Hankster
    Hankster Member Posts: 86
    Options
    I used to be an avid reader but can no longer concentrate as much .  I have found mixing up between a book and an audiobook works for me.  It is also great to listen to a book while driving on long trips.  I just finished the truth about the Harry qubert affair which was very good. As an audio book working class man and the happiness refugee are great to listen too as they are actually read by the authors.  Jimmy Barnes is intense and Anh doh is hilarious 
  • Sister
    Options
    I finally read Leigh Sales "Any Ordinary Day" on the weekend.  It's an easy read and interesting in the light of any personal traumatic experience.  I would definitely recommend it.  I did note a para to report on (p. 176, I think) but forgot to record it and now have passed the book on to a colleague.  Oops!
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    I’m reading The Break by Marian Keyes
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    I’ve just started the guernsey literary and potato peel pie society - so far a very enjoyable read 
  • JulieVT11
    JulieVT11 Member Posts: 90
    Options
    just started Girl on the Train, have bought so many books over the last few years but never seem to find time to read.  
  • Sister
    Options
    @sarnicad Do you find it's just a bit hard to put down?
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @sister a bit it is only my eyes playing up that sees it go back down