Article - Memory loss following breast cancer treatment

Options

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    So I just re read that article to see where the data came from and would like to know where my email was to participate in this study?  I never get the emails for some reason.

My question is since some of these chemo and HT drugs have been on the market for nearly 30yrs why has it taken this long????

Being dismissed that's why.  I have just returned from my GP.  My regular doctor was not available and as I just needed a new referral for the Radonc I saw someone else.  While I was there I enquired about physio to see if it would help my back and hip issues which have returned as usual.

He was reading my notes which included my complaints about the HT.  I told him I was not able to drive on Wednesday due to extreme lightheadedness and vagueness and that I just didn't trust my instincts and reactions that day.  He proceeds to  tell me how Tamoxifen works (like I didn't know after this long),  Very obviously had no input and really wasn't interested. Thanks for coming and see you later.  End of conversation. 

@Brenda5 I use music for everything.  I will often play something in the car, turn it off and see if I can remember it. The first few lines are often the hardest. Then I'll try again to remember in half an hour.  It seems to help somewhat as I find the music will stick a bit better than anything else.  Learning the guitar has been useful as well.  It has been slow and tedious and still sounds like I am standing on the cats tail, but the brain, hand, rhythm coordination really makes me think hard. Sometimes I will have to watch a tutorial 4 or 5 or 10 times for it to sink in.  The best thing is that it has proven I am still able to learn new things (although somewhat slower than normal) through the fog which makes me happy.  :)

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    A bit of a silver fox!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

My challenge at the moment is packing to go to Melbourne in the morning. I need to get away about 5am, so it makes sense to get ready now. Not that it's ever taken me more than 5 minutes to pack an overnight bag in the past.

I started yesterday and ended up going to sleep with the bag on the end of the bed. This morning I had no idea what I'd put in it. Nothing useful, as it turned out. Several long sleeved Ts, a pair of jeans that I don't like, one pair of socks and no knickers. Try again. Suddenly it's bulging at the seams. What have I done? Three pairs of yoga pants, the crap jeans are still there, one pair of knickers, two pairs of socks, about 5 scarves and one t shirt. Short sleeved. Oh, and three novels.

WTF is the matter with me? I used to be able to organize a two week pack horse trip, total weight of 40kgs, in an afternoon and I'd never forget anything.

The house is a mess, I've made the dog sitters' bed but instead of vacuuming floors and making the place look like I don't live like I do, I'm on here moaning. Gah!

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @zoffiel I now have visions of you and I doing knickerless yoga with scarves at 8.30am tomorrow morning.
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @arpie  Spunk!
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Zoffiel Big tip darl, big tip. Or failing that, given your possibly knickerless state you could Sharon Stone him.

:o 

;) 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel He would expect nothing less. But then you'll be one of the most entertaining guests he's ever dealt with.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    He's going to be able to dine out on this for weeks, don't waste your sympathy! It's his job!! Had a bad 'it's your job' day today (banks and Telstra, the latter being a particular loathing) so my niceness is stretched. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow : )
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Afraser Heard Virginia Trioli talk about a social media account called You Had One Job. It's across several platforms. I checked it out on Instagram, very funny. And infuriating!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Do not give your phone number to someone without a brain and a phone that was turned to silence and tell them to contact you. Oops! Must work on my communication skills. If I can remember.
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    People who expect people with CRCI to have their phones on are on a hiding to nothing and would be foolish to expect anything else!  ;)
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm and @Zoffiel ooh yeah !