Night Howls

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @kmakm I know the feeling of being thwarted by logistics and circumstance.  Our local pool will close for the season in a few weeks and then it is impossible for me to do more than once a week after school (and sometimes a struggle to do that).  I keep telling myself, "one day"...  It's all very well to say that you have to look after yourself but in reality, that can sometimes be too hard.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @sister Yes indeed. 'Stuff' just has the knack of getting in the way...
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Shitbags. My gym has just cancelled the two after work classes that I have spent TWO BLOODY YEARS getting fit enough to attend. There are other classes that involve weights and earplugs and screaming harpies. Apparently the old yoga folk should just shuffle the fuck off and try to touch their toes at home. And not make a fuss.
    I've made a fuss which was predictably dismissed. Now I'm awake. Probably forever. ***Cue drama queen stuff***
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,344
    I  sure I have earned a nickname at my gym and I’m pretty certain it’s not flattering but if you don’t complain they can legitimately say they don’t know. So far we’ve rendered the almost useless yoga studio (so designated) into an equipment store with a roof leak. There is no dais for the instructor and I had to advise last week that the mats available (I bring my own) could be considered brown by anyone in spite of the fact that they are actually pink but haven’t been cleaned! Nice people and mean well but totally disorganised - the yoga classes are hugely well attended so
    really no excuse! 
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    4:19 a.m. So I finally got out of bed and braved the cold to change the battery on the smoke alarm, which had been beeping intermittently all night. Wasn't really asleep anyway, as usual. I'm thinking of you all and wishing everyone the best, especially those of you who can't get a decent night's rest. xxx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,510
    I was awake til 1am ... finally took a temase!  Woohooo. Slept thru to 7am.

going fishing now. ;) 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm still around - still don't sleep the night through but have a routine for it so less likely to be on here and don't get back here much these days - mostly because I no longer have the energy for much else than what I have to do.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,510
     Good to see you @Sister ... I thought this one had been 'closed'!!

take care, I hope that energy comes back xxx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Ah sister I hear you I am now working 20hr pw and I am exhausted ho hum 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 909
    I've just started working 16 hours a week and I'm buggered with travel to and from work.  Fall in a heap when I get home.  Then I need to recharge the days I am not working.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,344
    Your body adjusts to what it’s used to. Taking time off during treatment is essential for many but adjusting back to work hours, even reduced, can take the same amount of time. I worked during treatment (I was remarkably well) so I didn’t have to adjust but after more than 280 days in lockdown, I’d hate to try it now!! Also my ‘day’ has gravitated to about 10.30 in the morning to midnight. At least I walk every day. Don’t expect too much  of yourself for a while. Best wishes.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Thanks Afraser for you encouragement. 

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,353
    I started my new job last week. 35 hrs a week and I am exhausted even though I work from my home office.
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    @Blossom1961 sorry to hear you are exhausted, any chance you can negotiate the hours and work a bit less?   Take care. xx