Night Howls

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Yep, that's my strategy too @JJ70. Nice long break ovet summer. K xox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I had the best sleep two nights ago. 8 till 8. I couldn't bloody believe it when I woke and it was light. No peeing  in the night. Twelve hours solid. I felt sooo good. 

So, I've tried to recreate the experience. Same sheets and bedding. Make sure the apparently magic pillow was in place. I even had the same thing for dinner.

How do you describe the sound of the 'massive fail' buzzer. Doomp booom? 

I give up.  I truly do.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I think you have to @zoffiel as to do otherwise...there lies madness.  Maybe this is why people retire - so they can have nanna naps during the day to make up for the lost sleep.  I'm just taking it as it comes, now and accepting that the early hours are when I get some time to myself.  There's a rug on the couch in case I start getting sleepy again.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,352
    I had a restavit seven nights ago and it is still working. I can sleep in between hot flushes now without my brain going every which direction. I hate drugs but I was desperate. It is so hard to find something that works for each person. BIG HUGS @Zoffiel 😋
  • kmakm
    12 hours uninterrupted sleep is a bloody miracle @Zoffiel. A unicorn!
  • Zoffiel
    Unicorn indeed. There only seems to have been  one of them. Arghh
  • kmakm
    Well my dreams just got very meta. I've woken up from dreaming I had a full night's, unbroken sleep. Eight and a half hours of it. Turns out a gal can dream... 
  • Zoffiel
    The birds are starting to chirp. Chirpy birds are good, it means I can stop pretending it's night time and I should be bloody sleeping. 
  • Sister
    But @kmakm - do you feel like you've had a good night's sleep?

@zoffiel I think if I lived by myself (and didn't work), there would be no specific time for sleeping.  It's just way too hard.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,352
    @Zoffiel Ahhh, someone else who appreciates the birds chirping in the morning so we can stop pretending it is night. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,530
    Feel sadness for those that can't string a few good night's sleep together!  
    It truly is bliss! 
    I do hope at some stage that all of you find the magic that turns it around and you can catch up and find a renewed you!

It's a bit like a day pain free, nearly there, not as intense, but still some way to go but I can sleep and sleep I do - our first night out on holidays a few weeks back we slept for 11 hours.  Holiday short lived as family tragedy brought us back

My secret, hot chocolate about half hour before bed every night regardless, hubby has a cup of tea.  No pills unless I am desperate as I believe in trying to sleep it off!

Take care and hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later

Take care
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 940
    When the hyper kookaburras start cackling, just after the local sparrow has released his / her flatulence, I also mutter "Thank **** for that, and wriggle, lurch and manoeuvre myself out of my nocturnal torture rack. My day can now start.  Appropos of absolutely nothing, there can be both a positive and a negative for anything. Take the old saying of "The early bird catches the worm"....well yeah, but, it's the early worm that gets eaten!!!
  • kmakm
    Love you black sense of humour @AllyJay!

And @Sister, the answer to that question is no!
  • Sister
    Laing in bed at someone else's house listening to different magpies.