Night Howls

1180181182183184186»

Comments

• SisterSister Adelaide Hills, SAMember Posts: 4,247
    Morning, @KayB55 ;

You'll probably find that there will be some differences in each cycle - for me with AC, the first and fourth were the hardest for different reasons - but they generally follow a similar pattern.  It's worth keeping a running log of how you're feeling, what you've taken, temp, etc.  You probably won't remember details later (and I was never good at remembering when I had the last tablet!).
  • Blossom1961Blossom1961 Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 1,238
    @KayB55 For the majority, it gets better. My first week after each cycle was sleep deprived but the first cycle was by far the worst. Hang in there and just rest when you can. 

• kmakmkmakm MelbourneMember Posts: 7,442
    @KayB55 Yes, yes and yes! Sorry, but it is really hard to tell  Broadly speaking though chemo side effects tend to be cumulative. My first round of TC was awful, the second round was the easiest, and then the rest got harder. The body does seem to get used to it in a way  The shock of the new subsides and you learn how to manage the side effects as best you can.

Sleep when you need to. All normal rules go out the window! K xox
  • KayB55KayB55 Member Posts: 41
    As always, thank you. I'm up and showered feeling a lot better but am getting a friend to come and stay tonight. I need to get a new bra because my existing ones have dug into my body so looks like a shopping excursion this arvo, after the crowds are gone.