Night Howls

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Sister A change is as good as a holiday?!
  • kmakm
    Effing kookaburras!  :#
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    They're being strangely quiet here.  Too drizzly, I expect.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Quiet here too.
  • kmakm
    Because they're all at mine...  :#:#
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Hot hot feet and hotter knees. So over trying to sleep with lower limbs outside the bed covers and the rest of me under the covers. 

No kookaburras here but bloody possums playing on the roof screeching at one another instead
  • kmakm
    @Sarnicad Bloody possums 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Sarnicad
    We got bats! They scream and screech and ***** (rhymes with few) all night in the boab tree right outside my bedroom window. I wish they would go away.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    You've heard nothing until you've had koalas screaming outside your window all night!
  • kmakm
    @Sister That koala sound is horrifying! I'm glad I don't have to live with that.

@Annie C We get bats from time to time, and I agree, very noisy. They often wake me up. Pests.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Well I had a fantastic 3 hours nap yesterday and slept all night last night. Mind you I wouldn't recommend licking the end of my dads cancer strength feco oil syringe. Omg it wiped me! I threw up, I spun, I slept and that was just licking the end of the syringe with no needle attached. It had oozed out past the cap and the syringe was empty so I thought waste not want not. Bad idea lol. Dad slept well most of the day in comfort though and thats the main thing. <3
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,510
    We've got the possums, bats AND Kookaburras just now - we've had SO many kookaburras in recent weeks, it is amazing!   The Bats - we've just received a survey on how badly they are affecting us - smelly shitty noisy things that they are ...... just the possums have 'slowed down' in recent weeks!!  They've totally eaten every leaf from both our navel orange and tangelo trees  :(   BLOODY MONGRELS!

Here are some that we caught & relocated to the National Park up the road from us - be methinks they came back, to be honest!!  Specially the one with the sore noses!

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,352
    Too much sugar and coffee me thinks. Five mega hot flushes and I lost count of the smaller ones. Interesting night but it won’t stop me eating some more of my coffee cake with real coffee including beans in it. Mmmmmmm. I can always try to sleep next week.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,352

• KayB55
    KayB55 Member Posts: 75
    Still in my first week, such a long way to go. Keep waking up at 3-3.30am but just get up have a cuppa and do something rather than hang around. Had a head ache and body aches, rang after hours just to check what I should and should not do, this is such a good service. Felt a bit better after getting up and moving around but then of course by 6.30pm I'll be needing to go to bed, this must be what people say is the 'new normal'. Will each cycle be similar or get worse or is it like everything else, just wait and see how you react?