Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sarnicad snap with the having to be nice to people. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I'm having a different sleep problem at the moment. I cannot fall asleep. The last few nights I've been wide awake after 2am. I'm in pain, tortured with long, fiery and intense hot flushes all night, and my brain won't shut up. The combination is giving me wicked insomnia. It started ramping up about a month ago. I'm finding it debilitating. Because of course once I'm asleep I'm not there for long due to the hot flushes. So my sleep is short and crap. My days are long and crap. This is not a good equation for an adequately functioning life and good mental health. It's a big problem.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Thank you to whoever said restavit was the same as the calmative agent in Mersyndol. I knew Mersyndol helped me sleep but didn’t want to keep taking it just for that purpose. I bought restavit and it has reset my body clock after only one night. The hot flushes keep waking me up four times a night but I fall straight back to sleep once they end. I haven’t taken another one since the first tablet three nights ago. We will see how tonight goes. Now to just work out how to stop the hot flushes.
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Sigh. I spoke too soon. However, having a job interview today is certainly messing my head up so I tend to think the restavit is still a goer.

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @Blossom1961 more likely the stress over the job interview hopefully tonight will be better
  • kmakm
    Options
    We have taken the French exchange student away to Raymond Island (koalas galore!) and last night at 3.05am I was woken by the most hideous, prolonged gutteral grunting. Mating?! Or maybe just complaining... No, not my husband, or anyone in the house!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    My hubby says maybe it depends on the grunt! 😂 Then he says maybe he is mistaking that for the human species.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Koalas’ mating rituals are exceedingly noisy - quite scary in the middle of the night. Possibly even if you are a female koala.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    The females tend to scream!  
  • kmakm
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Afraser It was very loud! I did worry that our French guest would be scared if she'd also been woken, but she's downstairs and didn't hear it.

@Sister Speak for yourself!  ;)

Here's one I spotted today, a couple of blocks away.

• Blossom1961
    Options
    This is for all you howlers
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Any improvement on your sleep in the last couple of weeks @kmakm? Hoping so.... I have been sleeping unusually well (touch wood). 
    @Kiwi Angel how is life off the big T?
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @JJ70. Not noticing much difference at the moment really. Has been 2 weeks so far and my onc said it takes about a month to get out of your system. Still need pills to sleep which I try to avoid on the weekend but had some massive old school hot flushes on Friday with the prickling skin and nausea. The joint pain in my ankles seems to have improved abit. I am keeping a little diary as well. 

Hope u r all well. Haven’t been on here that much. Work is shit and by the time the weekend rolls around I’m just exhausted!!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Been so worried about dad in palliative that yes my mind races and I cannot sleep. 
    Last night I finally had a long glorious sleep only to be woken by hubby yelling dads fallen over in his bedroom. While he was down there on the carpet beside his bed he shit on the floor. "Good morning" not.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel same same - in terms of work/sleep = exhaustion and not getting on the forum much anymore. I think about it a lot and then forget to get on here - bloody memory!
    Yes, it takes a bit of time. I started feeling the benefits after about two weeks, so hopefully you will as well. I ended up being off it for 6 weeks in total and I am glad I took an extra couple of weeks. It has made me stay on it with more determination now and the knowledge that I will take a break from it again when I need to. I am aiming for another 6 months before a break - say over  most of summer. I felt a bit like this in the end....wishing it for you too. xx

https://giphy.com/gifs/day-freedom-murica-t1i8KZ7momVs4