Night Howls

Options

Comments

• JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Flaneuse and @Zoffiel I hope things improve soon.

@arpie isn't it huge!! My daughter sleeping here also but she's like 3 meters away right now!

@Sister - yes, slept well. Must say though hips and lower back a bit sore...might be 5 mights on these hard-arse matresses and lack of exercise coming in to play. Must do some stretches today.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel Damn.

@arpie -no, yesterday was a special event - my d/i/law's work Xmas do. I sometimes take nurofen at night, and use Voltaren gel. Last night also took a Panadeine Extra. 

@JJ70 -that doesn't look like a bed for sleeping in. More like a test-ground fr the Kama Sutra.

Got to the physio today & my "proper" compression sleeve hadn't arrived. She gave me another temp tube one. My lymphoedema measure is still up. Cellulitis in arm seems to be on its way out.
  • JJ70
    Options
    @Flaneuse....if only the husband were here...😏
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Loving all the different earrings ladies. Mxx
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @JJ70 gorgeous - both of you. Yes, rocking the earrings.
  • JJ70
    Options
    There has been a focus on earrings purchased between Kate and I ...
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Both of you have beautiful skin.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    Holidays are always a time for buying earrings.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I seem to be regressing...awake at 2:30am the morning before and 1:30am this morning - gave up by 3:30am.  Bugger!  It's probably Christmas looming that's doing it, I suspect (amongst everything else).  Bah, humbug!  I don't know why we insist on doing it.  Give me the summer holidays without the supposed Holy Day - I'm not religious and it's just a pain in the arse.  All of this stress and running around for no real reason that I can see other than me spending money so that someone else can be in profit.  Even the kids can't seem be bothered with putting up the tree, this year.  Since Christmas is not going away any year soon, what I'd really like to do is go somewhere nice with the family for a few days, where everything is done for you, and make that everyone's Christmas present.  Kids would do it in a flash - but I don't think hubby could deal with the concept.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Drug him and put him in the car @sister. You are right, the whole thing is ghastly unless you are into it. The less enthusiastic you are, the worse it gets, particularly if you are trying to keep a performance for the kids when they are over it too. Mxx
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    Oh, @Zoffiel , you do it every time! Drugging people is a brilliant solution - and I think drugging me should be the solution to everything these days.     @Sister I know what you mean. Gifts, food, the whole stupid nonsense. The past few days I've been feeling angry a lot of the time. Part of it is anger at the society we live in and stupid things being done that put us and future generations in danger. But it's mostly just angry at the ether for the shitty side-effects of Letrozole and remaining chemo tinnitus - which is even worse when I'm sleepless. I know anger (like regret) is a wasted emotion but ...

I was still awake at 3;30 am, even after having taken appropriate (but clearly not enough) drugs to help me relax and ease the joint pain. Watching Idris Elba run across Parisian roofs and bash up corrupt French police eased the suffering only slightly.

Having morning tea today with a friend/former neighbour who is four years on from surgery; she has bad peripheral neuropathy. We'll be a right old pair in the coffee shop, with our moaning.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,633
    Options
    I had a shocker 2 nights ago - just awake all night .... better sleep last night tho thank god!

The tinnitus is a shocker, eh @Flaneuse ?   As you say, even louder in the quietness of night.  I had it before BC  :(      Enjoy your morning tea!  :)

I could hardly close my left hand this morning it was so stiff & sore!  My thumb  just wouldn't move!!  Luckily, it has eased up now ..... can't play uke without my left hand!  Final gathering with my group tonight followed by dinner together at the Club.

Do it next year, @Sister - I reckon they'd actually enjoy it, for a change!!

I AM OFFICIALLY A PENSIONER NOW!   YAY!!!  (I think!)  It is making me feel old!  LOL

• Flaneuse
    Options
    @arpie I had tinnitus before chemo as well; have had it for years, but it got worse during chemo. I have two levels - a hum and a high ringing. The ringing part has got much worse.

It must be so distressing for you as a uke player to have the hand problem. I can't do hand-sewing at the moment, nor open tight lids etc. 

Congrats on becoming a pensioner! MILK the discounts!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,633
    Options
    I agree re the Tinnitus - mine is like having a canary in each ear, singing a different note - more the high pitch!    grrrrr  I can hear it as I type!   I sort of get used to it during the day with regular noises, but it is amplified in the quiet of night.  I wear ear plugs in bed which seems to dampen it a tad - and stops me waking with the dawn chorus at 5am when the birds start up!   grrr

The hand came good today, thank god!  It was really weird this morning - it was SO stiff & sore - it has never felt like that before.    I have a couple of tools for opening jars (have done for the last 20 years!)  They are really neat & save a lot of pain!  Back in the 70s, I thought my Aunt was being 'cute' when she used to ask her husband to open jars .... but now I know!  Arthritis obviously runs in the family!   :(

We have been getting most of the discounts as Keith has been on a pension for nearly 20 years now. .... time for some in my name now!   ;)