Here Goes

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    What a lovely photo!

What a bugger you've had such an issue with the port. I hope they can get that sorted out for you quick smart.

My anxiety issues were diagnosed in the course of BC. They're.a shocker eh?

Light headedness can be a sign your blood pressure is low. Mine was low, and got lowere, all the way through chemo. I had several episodes where I almost passed out. Keep your fluids up and keep exercising gently to get that blood circulating. Elevate your feet! Get your GP to check it tomorrow. Big hug, Kate xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Have you used the port successfully? I had big problems the first time (x-ray showed everything okay) but the thing didn't work and the warning sign was no blood.  Second time, all good. No-one really knows what happened but the belief is that it wasn't needled quite right. I haven't had another issue with it and I've gone through the rest of chemo.
  • TabooGal
    TabooGal Member Posts: 146
    Options
    @sister. It worked fine for first 
    chemo and midway blood test. Be interesting to see what the go is. 
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm. Will do. Interested in why she needs to see me. Social visit courtesy of Medicare?  :p
  • kmakm
    Options
    My lovely GP rings every now and then if I haven't been in for a while, just to check on how I'm going. During chemo I had a standing appointment at her suggestion. I saw her in the third week of every cycle. It made me feel very supported and also proved very useful. K xox
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm that would be lovely
     My regular GP is very unwell and won't be returning to work. I've had him for over 30 years. My initial appointment with this new one felt uncomfortable but since then she has jumped hoops to get tests done and finding me my surgeon. I've never had a female GP before. Go figure. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Oh it'll be a whole new world for you I reckon. Stats show they average longer time per patient! Let us know how you get on.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Hey Jen. My port never worked when drawing bloods, but it worked for infusions==they just had to slow things down a bit or it would occlude.

The portogram isn't a big deal, they just take you in and shoot a contrast into it to see if it works. All a raving pain in the arse. Mxx

• TabooGal
    Options
    @Zoffiel The biggest life lesson on this journey so far is being a patient patient 
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Beautiful poem @TabooGal thanks so much for sharing xxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Result! Make that appointment. That is in your control. The port situation is not so go all zen on it and let the medicos sort it out. Rest and get those wafers in girl!

Right now I'm sitting in the waiting room, waiting to see the GP. No nausea but very tired... #hotflushorama
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm hope you get better. Got this port appointment then heading back to bed xxx hugs