Here Goes

Options

Comments

• TabooGal
    TabooGal Member Posts: 146
    Options
    The saga of the dicky port. It turns out it was the radiologist who fit it was the one doing the investigation. Much policy conversation regarding only chemo room can put the clip in, I said shit give it to me I'll do it or I give you permission to do it. So  using dye I can see it working through the vein but still unable to draw blood. Chemo room policy is if they cant draw blood the wont infuse chemo through it. Have left it to the powers to be to prove that the chemo is safe. I bet all of the Dorovitch bleeders will run when they see me coming cos it's a struggle to get into my veins. Too tired to care right now. 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Ah, that's bollocks. What a bloody nuisance. See what they come up with, you've got a couple of weeks before you need to worry too much about it. Settle in for Hell week and deal with it later. Mxxx
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @Zoffiel Def out for the count now!
  • TabooGal
    Options

So just did this. The fall was terrible. Hair everywhere. Almost bought a leaf blower to get the hair outside. Now Beautiful Ladies and Gentlemen I need your advice. Scalp care? It has the tiny bristle still. Not smooth shaven. Should I do that? Moisturiser? 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

It's an experience, @taboogal What I hope you have done is stepped into a shower and turned it on full blast. Closest thing to an orgasm, ever. Almost, but not quite, worth the whole drama.

I've gone through this twice and I can honestly say that I now understand why some of my male friends shave their heads (apart from it making them look like gangstas) They just get off on the feel of water on their heads.

On a more practical level, you should no have to pay more attention to it than any other part of your body, but do be very careful of keeping it out of the sun. It's just skin. Mxx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Bald showers are a revelation! Enjoy...

My head was initially very flaky and itchy. I moisturised with Moo Goo which I liked a lot and found to be very effective. Avoid anything with fragrances, keep it as natural as possible and as @Zofgiel said, sun protection.

It's an experience, that's for sure. K xox
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm Shower was lovely! At the moment I am at velcro phase. Have had to peel my hats off. Gonna be interesting with pillows when I eventually go to bed!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hee hee!  Don't worry - it'll all fall out eventually.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Yes. Maybe give those satin pillows a rest... you might slide off!
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    It will all fall out, all of it .  Up until a week or so ago I had no hair whatsoever anywhere.  I was as smooth as .  Just getting a five o'clock shadow now.  Quite excited. 
  • TabooGal
    Options
    Here I am! Thank you to the lovely ladies who have checked on me through private messaging. 
    Today was 3/4 of AC. This time it made me incredibly tired. Fell asleep within minutes of getting home. I usually spend the rest of the day drinking water and flushing everything out. Will be doing that tonight with the help of Netflix.
    The port in my arm has been more drama than it's worth for me. Not only does it hurt when I bump it but the chemo girls cant draw any blood so wont risk it with the AC. There were plans which involved chemo room to have clip fitted then find my way across the other side of town for a "portagram" (prefer a stripagram), take printed proof back to chemo room where they will be more confident with doing chemo through port. I've been stewing on the process the past weeks and it wasnt doing my head good. Onc agreed with my idea, only 2 chemos left (including today) so let's just do intravenous. Confirmed no other chemo after that but time to have app with Rad Onc to be prepared when the time is ready. 
    I hope all of you wonderful ladies are in a good place. Jen xxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hi Jen. Good to hear from you. Almost there thank goodness. How's the eyebrow & eyelash situation? Chemo's cumulative so just roll with the punches and sleep when you need to. All that poison is zipping around killing the nasties, doing its job. Sounds like a good decision re the port. What a relief. K xox
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @kmakm Eyebrows and lashes not affected so much so far. Yes. The sooner I get this port out the better. I am guessing it will happen when chemo is finished in case of infection. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    What a bugger that the port didn't work.  They're not comfortable but worth it if they're working.  I can't wait to get mine removed but onc won't organise it until a couple of weeks after radiation just in case it's needed for anything.

3/4 is a fantastic feeling - knowing you only have one more to go and it's done!  Look after yourself.