Here Goes

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    Don't forget it can make you feel crook/drowsy/weird a few days after receiving it @TabooGal  ..... so be gentle on yourself.  Don't overdo it ...  Pace yourself  xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hello @TabooGal I am very glad to hear all went well for your first cycle of chemo. Take care and rest well.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Joannie It truly does. My sister ran away from her first one. I was with her and a nurse was unpleasant and it was enough to make her pull out the canula and run away (literally; we didn't see her for several days, no one knew where she was). I spent the next few hours dealing with the hospital's complaints people. Outrageous that they couldn't be kinder to someone in such a fragile state as most of us are on the first chemo.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    So sorry to hear that @Joannie. Big hug sweetheart. K xox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    If you feel like going to work today Jenny, go for it, even if it's just a couple of hours. It's so much better, in many ways, to keep  a little bit of normality in your life. I used to joke during my first experience with chemo that decades of hangovers were excellent training when it came to going to work feeling less than optimal. I think I only missed 8 days, sometimes it can work out like that. 
    If you can, you can. If not, don't. 
    One down. Tell if you need anything. Mxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    For me it was doing laundry (there's always laundry here!). My husband would get cross watching me struggle to do it but I insisted on all but the days when I couldn't get up and down the stairs, and until my hands gave up the ghost. It was a sense of achievement and normalcy. That and walking every day helped a lot during chemotherapy.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Its nice to be able to do what you can to "feel normal" when everything around you and happening to you is as far from normal as possible.
  • TabooGal
    TabooGal Member Posts: 146
    Options
    I woke up feeling pretty ordinary this morning so slept for most of the day. Trying not to worry about the tiny pay I will get next week

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    Do what you have to do to get thru it, @TabooGal xxx Sleeping in all day is good now and then.   I havent done it for a while, but have done so.  

Thinking of you xxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    If you can sleep through it, that's brilliant - believe me, better than being awake and feeling lousy.  You'll probably have a couple of days that are bad, a few that are pretty ordinary and then a couple of weeks where you're feeling better (just be aware that the good weeks are also when your immune system is pretty shot).
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @arpie I do love having a king bed all to myself. 
    @sister I was surprised to read that you don't really recognize the low cell count. What am I to expect on the bad days?
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    HI @TabooGal - how are you feeling tonight?  Don't be surprised if you feel a bit crappy on the weekend - sometimes day 4 or 5 are the best days for pyjama days! Is your next infusion in two weeks or three weeks?
  • TabooGal
    Options
    @Eastmum feeling much better tonight. Cant believe how much I slept today! AC every 3 weeks x 4.