Get Well soon Dear K. @kmakm

Options

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Lots of little wins @kmakm! Hoping tonight finds you racking them up in the win column! Wishing you a restful night. Jane x
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options

sending you energy .... may you rest peacefully tonight and tomorrow is another day...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    BP issues resolved, not too much pain apart from a headache, and some nausea. Had a shower! Am walking unsupervised (been many a long year since someone had to supervise me doingvthat!), and best of all the bowels are moving!!   :)<3:* to you all.  Kate xox
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Woohoo! Great news to start the day! 
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @kmakm Wow, the best news to wake up to!! So proud of you & so happy that your BP & temp issues are resolved. Onward & upward now! Hopefully you will continue to gain strength now & the fact that you are walking is such a huge step forward......no pun intended!! We all said you were a strong lady & you have proved it yet again. It must have been the best shower too & to get the bowels moving is a BIG step after surgery & that will continue to improve now that you are mobile. Keep up the great work & hopefully that nagging nausea & headaches will subside also. take care & so happy that you are over the worst. Love & Hugs xxxx
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    KATE!! I'm SO HAPPY to find this thread! @kmakm you ROCK! and thank you @Joannie for creating it.
    I haven't had much of a chance to be on the main discussion boards since you had your op and I've just been going straight to checking the 'Kate's countdown commences' thread every day and have been 'plotzing' (yiddish for 'beside myself') that you hadn't responded to any comments on there - I've been so worried about you and now I'm so happy to hear you're ultimately doing so well!
    Just caught up with your whole story every day since your op - wow, what a journey! 
    I'm honestly so thrilled that you are on the other side of surgery and wish for you only that every day will be better and better. I'm echoing the words of every single person who has commented here - such an amazing network - and will definitely be checking in every day to get your updates.
    Blown away by your hospital breakfast! OMG - so beats powdered scrambled eggs!
    Please be kind to yourself and rejoice in every baby step forward. You have come such a long way and you are such an incredible inspiration to so many of us who are walking in your footsteps in our own ways.
    I can't stop smiling to have found this thread! :smiley:
    Sending you bucket-loads of love, healing thoughts and gentle virtual hugs,
    Yvette xxxx
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @kmakm your sheer courage in sharing this part of your treatment is astounding as you are showing how it is and that you are getting through this warts and all. I would like to see this “diary” of your days kept if possible for future breast cancer people - how about it @BCNA. It is quite a gift you have given us all - Thankyou so much @kmakm XO
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hey @kmakm

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better.  Flick that maxalon and ask for the ondansetron.  It's on the PBS now so they don't have to be so stingy with it lol. 

All the best lovely.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Eastmum Oh gosh Yvette, your virtual smiles have made me smile! You are so kind with your words, I truly appreciate it. And the gentle hugs. Wouldn't want squeezy ones at the moment!

I'm trying to be kind to myself. It's difficult when you're not going as well as you hoped/expected. Those negative voices get very loud sometimes.

Takes a rockstar to know a rockstar baby!  :p;)B)
  • kmakm
    Options
    @kezmusc They've been giving me both. They seem to alternate. Nausea not as bad today and I haven't needed any yet  :)
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Romla I genuinely don't know how to respond to your words. I am honoured. Thank you. Kate 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm sorry u felt so sad but glad u r feeling better and that there was a lovely nurse there for a hand hold. U have been through so much for one person and there is nothing like a good cry every now and then to release some stress. Sending u all my love and hugs xoxoxo