Get Well soon Dear K. @kmakm

Options

Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Well Kate hope you are now looking at the bright side now ! Shed a tear when I read your post :'( 
    Glad a nurse was there to hold your hand ,they really are angels !
    Still make sure you take baby steps & celebrate those wins , you've got this !.Your Story will be an inspiration to many :smile: 
    Thinking of you 
    Love & hugs xxx

• Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Kate - you truly have the gift of writing beautifully, with raw emotion and passion. It definitely strikes a chord. We feel like we've been with you every step of your journey, riding those waves as they lift us up and come crashing back down - over and over. @tigerbeth is spot on - your story already IS an inspiration to many. What hospital are you in Kate? and how long do you think you'll need to stay?
    Wishing you a wonderful day,
    Yvette xxx
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 946
    Options
    Hi there Kate, sorry I've been off the radar for the past fortnight, but I've been thinking of you and send my love. You're an inspiration to us all with your cheerful can do attitude and with your combat boots and big girl panties, (you can borrow my nanna panties if the big girl ones don't cut the mustard), you've got this sorted. Onwards and upwards back to recovery. Hugs...Ally.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thank you sweets. I did have a more restful day today. Teary, but restful. K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you so much @AllyJay. You popped into my head a couple of days ago and I realised we hadn't heard from you in a while. I was going to message you and then I saw your post. Damn and blast lady! Hang tough in those nanna undies. K xox
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @kmakm so good to hear youre feeling a bit brighter now. Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you can come back up. I know I did. the sobbing like a little girl would of been so bloody good for you. You’ve had so much to deal with in the past. It’s definitely a huge roller coaster of emotion isn’t it. And Isn’t taking a shit post op the best feeling ever! I haven’t had your surgery just the double mastectomies but OMFG it was awesome! Thought I was going to rip my arse apart at first and clog the dunny but I didn’t lol as it hadn’t crapped since a couple days before surgery both times. Such a relief. And then to shower.... it’s heavenly isnt it. Take it a day at a time love. Good to hear your up and moving too. Littlest not so squeezy hug as not to hurt your new “girls”. Margie xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @onemargie I did clog the dunny!  @kmakm Let the tears flow if they're there - easier in hospital than out on the street and they obviously need to come out.  Get as much rest as you can.  And admire what you have achieved.
  • onemargie
    Options
    @Sister that’s bloody hilarious!!  Nothing that a triple flush and a poke with the dunny brush won’t fix hey !!!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister @onemargie Lol! The things we talk about...

I cried for Australia yesterday and the day before. I'm hoping today will be drier... I used my meditation app to get to sleep last night.

Today I'm going to try to apply some of the very good advice I received I received yesterday. From my bestie:

"You need to cut a lot more LOOSE and prune the worry and anxiety portfolio you are operating so there are minimal dials on your dash"

Then she got shouty (she's allowed!):

"...encouraging you to look at what you are sacrificing for your health and future and to GIVE YOURSELF A F*****G BREAK"

Aren't friends the best?! K xox 
  • onemargie
    Options
    @kmakm I love your bestie she’s awesome  and I tried to tell you the same thing remember with a few f bombs but without all the shouty lol. But she knows you better and she’s allowed to yell at you!   Hopefully you will have a drier day today if not we have a boat in the front yard. I’ll bring it down to you if you flood the place again and we can sail with your bestie through this shit creek together ok. Little tiny squeezy hug. Margie xxx
  • AllyJay
    Options
    Remember the old saying..."You can't pour from an empty cup". Feed your soul and build yourself up, and yes, use those pruning shears with vigour.
  • kmakm
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Oh I do remember @onemargie! I love your advice (and vocabulary!). It always works for me. As far as I'm concerned you're tone perfect  :*

Think the boat sounds ace. I can see blue sky reflected in my 'view', nice day to be messing about in boats! But I'd like something else to provide the water...

• AllyJay
    Options
    I did my best crying in the shower. The noise of the water muffled my sobs and howls somewhat, and the tears, snot (and occasionally a bit of pee too...I'm no longer young) went down the drain together. That catharctic mental picture of my sorrows going down there too was quite helpful/
  • kmakm
    Options
    @AllyJay *pulls on gardening gloves*