Get Well soon Dear K. @kmakm

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm - glad to hear u made it to the chair - go u!!!
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @kmakm Hello my lovely! I've just got back from my evening walk after being at work all day so thought I'd check in on my patient & see how she is going!! YOU GO GIRL!! Little steps but you have made it to the chair. Put this down as a positive as well as your BP going up. That nurse is very clever! Sorry but i forgot to mention that while I was in for my latest op, my BP sat on around 80/40 the whole time & one of my nurses tilted my bed to get my BP up so great minds think alike! It didn't help much for me but they still let me go home when it was that low even though I felt shocking. Anyway, enough about me...so glad that you have made real progress & the pain is slowly getting under control. I know you are wanting to start running up & down the corridor but it will come. i was thinking of you on my walk & remember how we were both walking to get some fitness before our ops. This is my third walk & it won't be long before you are out there too. i totally get why you have felt so yuck. You have had so much to deal with through your life...more than anyone should have to & it is finally taking it's toll & you don't deserve it! But there aren't too many people like you in the world unfortunately, so strong & who would take on the load you have, raising your sister's children & also taking in your father-in-law. You have a lot of family who will look after you when you go home & give back to you what you have given to them. The great thing is that your op went so well & your "new girls" have a brand new home! I hope each hour brings more progress & in your own time your body will be ready to take another step forward. Rest & sleep well & I am overwhelmed at all your supporters here. It just goes to show how much we love you & how much we value your support on this forum. Just think how many visitors you would be having if we all lived in Melbourne!! Prayers, gentle hugs & much love to you & I'll check in tomorrow. xxxx   
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @kmakm sorry I haven’t checked in been bloody flat out. This surgery has been a good excuse to keep you on your arse for a change and you must just take each day at a time you will get there love. You Just have to be patient which I know you don’t like being!  Im so proud of you for what you’ve done. Well done woman. I have my plastic appointment Thursday and you’ve inspired me to get my foobs sorted too. Rest up for fucks sake and enjoy the trash tv.  Hopefully your pain and bp keep improving too. Big hug. Margie  xx 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options

Great news re sitting in the chair.  Baby steps.

Paula xxxx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Is the BP any better?  Hope the pain relief is working for you.  @onemargie is right - look on it as forced 'slow down'.  And just remember, this too will pass and you will get through it.  Hell - you got through chemo!
  • Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi there @kmakm, thinking of you and sending loads of best wishes. Xo
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Dear @kmakm - 5 minutes in the chair is great - Woho! take it slow - you will come good as your body heals - big hugs
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Day 4.  BP a bit better. But headachey and nauseous all day, rather than just round sitting up. Vigorous session with the physio. Five mins up then start to faint so crash down on bed. Two mins up then down.

Visitors, inc sore and bad mood father on 82nd birthday upset about his car, refusing to go to the gp and point blank refusing to turn down his incredibly loud mobile phone  :# 

Shoo everyone out for first post-catheter wee, on bedpan on chair. Success! But started to pass out halfway through so quick exit... Rest, then another five minute sit-up.

The hospital's breast care nurse Sarah arrived mid-afternoon, she'd only just found out about me. Tell me your story she said, that takes a while... She asks what the drs say about the bp problems. I haven't seen any and had been lying here thinking who to call. Was tossing up between my GP and the NUM here as a starting point. I need a physician. Have you seen your plastic surgeon she asks? In total for two and a half minutes and not today.

A friend arrives as Sarah & I are giving sitting up another go. It goes well! Sarah goes just outside the door to find out about the protocols for getting me medical care leaving me with my calm and capable friend. Plus by now I'm good at judging the moment I have to lie down again. I had a triumphant 20 mins in the chair before starting to come over all peculiar and going back to the bed.

Sarah comes back. Protocol has to be followed :#  so the PS has to see me first. He's apparantly coming tonight. Then his practice nurse will come tomorrow.

I rest a bit and then call Nurse Sian to help me wee. I say to her I want to walk to the loo but I haven't done any walking yet and I don't to add urgent wee to the fainting issues without walking practice. So I wee on a bedpan on a chair, followed by rapid return to bed due to overwhelming nausea. Not fully reclined and I'm asking for a sick bag. Five minutes followed of me dry retching, clutching my towel cushion to my belly and the sick bag to my mouth. It was half an hour before I was game to swallow the Maxolon.

Really cold so called for a blanket. Still cold, so asked for another, a hot one. Then Nurse Sian comes back to take my temperature. Highest it's been since I got here, 37.7°. She says if it goes over 38° they'll call a doctor.

So some shithouse stuff and some good stuff. Haven't had breakthrough belly pain today so that's in the win column. Along with normal peeing and sitting up for 20 minutes! How one's horizon's contract...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Love both of those @kezmusc   <3
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm sounds like u r making small milestones despite going through the wringer!!  Sending u all my positive thought a big squishy but gentle hugs xoxoxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Small steps.  At least someone has alerted the doctor.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @kmakm Wow, what a day of ups & downs. Bummer about your temp, nausea & sickness. That must hurt your poor belly! I guess they are giving you ice to suck as that is what they always gave me when I was feeling nausea. On a positive, it must be great to finally have the catheter out & a few sits on the chair. How ironic that you finally have your BP coming up but your bloody temp. is going up with it!! No wonder you are finding it hard to situp for longer without feeling faint. The physio session would have been hard for you too but i bet you enjoyed just being able to move a bit. Hopefully now the breast care nurse has found you, she will keep an eye on you. It is good that you are up to having visitors but I'm sure you didn't need your father & his mood even if it was his birthday! Take care & try to focus on the positives & hopefully all the negatives will improve as well. Rest up & let your poor body & mind get some recovery time. It is lovely to hear from you & hopefully your temp can be bought under control so you can have a restful night & sweet dreams. take care, love & hugs xx
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @kmakm What an eventful day you've had ! Glad you were able to get someone's attention & I hope they sort you out asap! 
    Rest well Kate ,tomorrow is another day ! I'm thinking that you might need to give that rehab a shot once you're on your feet ,just so you don't rush things .
    Hope you have a good night ,lots of hugs 
    Beth xx