Comments

• Tilly45
    Tilly45 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Hope you can rest well tonight xx
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Thinking of you too -wishing you a smooth recovery and wonderful care to speed you on your way x
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    During radiotherapy the staff would put up word puzzles about popular sayings to provide something else to think about and thought you might like one @kmakm - I have more. Just to get you started 9.Three blind mice ( as no ‘i’s)

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Hello Kmakm,  

sending you energy and normal blood pressures so that you can achieve some of your goals. 
    It would be nice if everything was simple for us ladies but it rarely is.... 
    Take time to allow your body to heal and Breathe.... 

virtual hugs and holding your hand still.... Swearing is allowed at any stage right now if you need to use it to get you through this part of the roller coaster ride.... 

hugs 
    Soldiercrab

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thanks @SoldierCrab. It's not going well so far. Three attempts at getting up have ended in failure, I get terribly dizzy and feel like vomiting. My haemoglobin is 94 (normal is 115 - 160). There are crackles on my lungs. Not sure what happens next. I'm supposed to be up walking around. My last bp was 99/62. My surgery went well but my recovery has stuttered.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hope you're starting to come good.  Watch the Endone as it can make you feel quite ill (I had Tramadol) - not sure why they can't just give codeine.  The drains coming out are bloody painful, aren't they?  But better gone.  Take it as easy as you can and use the bell as much as you need to.  
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister BP has inched up to 105/66. I am determined to get out of bed today!
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    my kids bring me licorice to get my b/p up as I always have low b/p . Let go of the expectations and realise this is a new journey and you will track your own path we are all individuals our bodies all response differently etc. 

hugs beautiful you are going to get up when your body is ready for it. 

Soldiercrab 
    xxxo 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options

This is you ..... Just be patient with yourself..... easy to say hard to put in practice. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I never knew that about licorice @SoldierCrab Do you know why?
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    High salt content.... @Sister

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Lol @soldiercrab
    I was thinking the feel good endorphins for eating something yummy!

Dear Kate please try and relax as best you can. Not everyone is text book in treatment and recovery. Roll with it!

Sending hugs
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Every day is one step closer in your recovery. Thinking of you . Might be worth a chat about changing from Endone to Tramadol - the former is notorious for lowering blood pressure and causing nausea/dizziness. XO
  • kmakm
    Options
    This morning I've got a very good nurse, Georgie, and she's really concentrating on getting the bp under control. She's pre-tilting the bed to get my body pumping its blood on its own.

I've been on the edge of the bed twice today, each time better than the one before.  This time she hasn't put the compression stockings back on so again, my body has to get pumping. We're going to aim for the chair next time so they can change my sheets.

My abdomen is handling it OK, which is great. Just gotta get rid of those dots before my eyes...

My view:

Thank you everyone for all your encouraging words and wishes.

I did get some sleep thanks @Tilly45. Even though I'm still on two hour obs the nurse overnight let me go longer so I could get some rest.

@Sister @Romla I much prefer Tramadol but Endone seems to be what's on offer here. Haven't had any since yesterday afternoon. Just 10mg of Targin this morning, down from 15.

@SoldierCrab @iserbrown I'm really trying to take your words to heart, about rolling with my own recovery, not putting expectations on it. Thank you.

Going to doze now. All this sitting up is exhausting!