Get Well soon Dear K. @kmakm

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @iserbrown The spongebath was pleasant except when they rolled me. That was very painful. Feel nice now though. In a gown & fresh sheets.

@Sister The anaesthetist told me she was prescribing me Movicol and was very pleased I'd taken two Coloxyl on Thursday night!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you @Jennyss   <3
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Wow you are extraordinary!So pleased to see your post this morning! Take it gently . PS Highly recommend Movicol.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    So happy to see your message last night , glad you got through this ! 
    Take those drugs as I can only imagine what the pain would be like !
    Rest up because all super women need their rest !! 
    Hope the new 'girls' behave 
    love & hugs xxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Glad to hear u r doing well and they r keeping your pain under control. It’s all over now and u just have to heal. Hopefully u can get some good sleep. Big hugs xoxooxox
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Wowsa. You are way ahead of where I was one day post op. Couldn’t even pic up a ph8ne for days. Well done you. Keep up the meds and rest. 
    Paula xx
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @kmakm I posted this on "Byb Byb Boobs"  but when i saw that @Joannie had started this new post (good on ya), I thought I'd join the long list of post-op well wishers! I haven't stopped thinking of you all day yesterday & last night but know now you have done it & are on the other side. It is so lovely to read your post & hear the op went well. I hope your pain eases & the Endone will sure help! Make sure you take some laxatives or suppositories in time as that wonderful drug does cause constipation! Hope your BP behaves itself, mine was around 80/40 most of the time i was in there after my latest op but they still let me go home even though it never increased. Just think, you have awoke with a brand new set of girls who will love you & who won't cause you any more breast cancer! Wow, you have soooo many friends on these posts who you have helped along the way & it is a testament to you & the person you are to be so giving in your support & now we return the favor to you!. i pray that each day you will gain strength, take time for recovery & feel all the love & blessings from all your friends here as we will help you through. take care my friend, rest & let your wonderful carers look after you & get you back to full strength so you can get back in that kitchen & do some more of your wonderful baking!! i bet your surgeon loved that cake you made. It sounded amazing! How wonderful that you thought to do that on the day before your op. & I'm sure it gave them extra motivation, to love & care for you even more!! love, prays & hugs xxxxxxxx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Wonderful to hear from you @kmakm :)
    You are doing so well!  Rest when you need to.
    I hope the pain isn’t too bad and you continue to recover well.  Sending a gentle hug, Jane x
  • kmakm
    Options
    Not doing quite so well now. The general's fully worn off now and I'm in a lot of pain, nauseous & weepy. Back to normal eh... The nurses are treating it all but they're hesitant to give me morphine because of my persistently low blood pressure. 92/55 etc.

Because of this wonderful forum I knew to expect this, and to not suffer in silence. I don't kbow where I'dxbe wirhout you all.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    You poor thing , hope they can manage your pain quickly !
    thinking of you sending healing thoughts xxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Can't click "like" but thinking of you.  Hope the pain is short-lived.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Endone is notorious for lowering blood pressure and many have to come off it - including 2 of my family - because of this.Panadeine forte may not be quite as strong but does not cause this effect .
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    And your poor body is saying goodness what happened. You will settle and what @romla just mentioned sounds plausible 
    Take care and hopefully you can get some sleep 
  • kmakm
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Romla @iserbrown I've had this issue with Endone before unfortunately  :/

Well I'm 'happy' to say my pain drove up my blood pressure and they gave me a morphine shot. Small, but enough to take the edge off the pain. And make me very sleepy...
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Hey @kmakm I know the Endone made me nauseous as well.....but I needed it for the pain.  See if they can give you something for the nausea - I know this really helped me x