Is that right? Did you really say that?

Options

Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel Yes I've become cynical - experience. NC wasn't on my spending list. Not much left in the holiday bucket.  :D
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    Jeez @Zoffiel, I think I'll give the Muscat a wide berth and stay here and remain one of your dearly still with is friend. My favs are Ricadonna snd Moscato.and there is a very sweet dessert wine I raerly get. Not much of a drinker  but if I do thisevare the ones I like and not likely to give me a migraine .
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    Hi @Blondy My preference is Moscato too but I don’t like all of them. My preference is for those from the d’asti Italy region. Not usually too sweet
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Blondy & @Blossom1961 my fav is Moscato too !! Some of the Sav Blancs give me a headache & at one lunch I came out in a rash as well ! I will try anything but not a beer drinker !
  • Blondy
    Options
    We're going to have to have a paaaaaaardy BYO 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Blondy  have you had Cobbity Winery Moscato   it is OMG 
    I miss it as I am now in Bathurst 

• Blondy
    Options
    @SoldierCrab, its only 24kms away. I shall make it a weekend drive and visit and have a taste. Thanks for letting me know. You'll have to make a visit and stock up, or else see if they'll send out a box.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Go on - party without me, you Eastern-staters!

@flaneuse Can you steer the conversation to your son paying AND that it would be less of a drag for all if you were in a separate hotel?  Is that terribly evil?
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @Sister I certainly can't imagine spending a week in the same apartment with them. I wouldn't get any sleep with the kids. It would NOT be a holiday. I'm just going to ignore it for the time being. I certainly wouldn't be contributing any money. I don't really have any desire to go to NC either; it's not part of France as far as I'm concerned. Should become independent. 

I like the idea of a big national party with everyone bringing their favourite tipple to share!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Oh dear @Flaneuse what if the son takes the wife to NC and leaves the kids with you in Aus? :O  You had better have some plans for an otis retreat somewhere that doesn't take kids lol.

• Flaneuse
    Options
    @Brenda5 No way! That would not be on. My child-minding stints these days are very limited in duration, and I don't do overnights. Actually I'm doing a late afternoon - to late one tonight while they have a "date night" for a concert. I'll be doing anything necessary to get the kids to settle for bed - feed them anything they want, let them watch TV, anything that's easy.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    Maybe two National parties. One in WA and one on the East coast. I’ll come to both!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Finch needs to tell you all about her Gin Club.  ;)
  • Blondy
    Options
    A party via Skype