Is that right? Did you really say that?

Options

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My great great grandmother was a Buchanan and the name has been passed down in each generation since.  She married a Macadam and arrived with him and extended family in Melbourne in 1848.  The Buchanan castle is (or at least was in the 80's) a picturesque ruin in the middle of a golf course near Loch Lomond.  Apparently, George Buchanan was a famous Latin scholar and tutor to Mary Queen of Scots and later to her son, James (I believe he was also convinced that the world was flat).
  • Sister
    Options
    Oops - meandering off topic - thought I was in Night Howls.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @kezmusc He was just gagging to mansplain wasn't he... A most excellent retort. #nofilter!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @kezmusc
    Just let my son with Autism read your morning at Bunning's he is now giggling his head off and said good on ya !!

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    HAHAHA  LOVE IT @kezmusc   Well said - and a CLASSIC!  And I bet he didn't even realise that he walked right in to that one!   LOL   That just made my day!!   

@Sister   @Flaneuse @Patti J   @Afraser
    How did you all find whether your forebears had sat on the fence or not with the Scots vs the Poms??   I am a 'MacIlwraith' ....... and don't  know WHO they supported!!!  ;)  All my siblings names are Scottish!  (Including me - a female version of Robert.)
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @arpie I'm a Ross. When I visited Culloden there was an information panel with this sort of information.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I was born and raised in Scotland, came here when I was 19. Scottish schools taught Scottish history! I would have preferred to have been associated with the Frasers of Lovat, but I am pretty sure I am not. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Zoffiel @kezmusc If I carry your bags can I come and watch?!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel @kezmusc @kmakm Worth a hidden camera!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse Totally!

• Sister
    Options
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Many Thanks  for that, @sister ..... looks like my mob sat on the fence too!   LOL  I will check out that link with interest!!! 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @viking1Wonderful to see you round these parts again! How are you travelling? K xox