I tell them it's really good makeup. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

arrgh! @flaneuse xxx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse When both my sister and I had chemo it made us sort of glow. People kept telling me how well I looked, and I remember my sister saying the same thing. So odd.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm That's interesting. Several close friends have said the same to me, and I accepted it because I've thought myself that the skin on my face has looked ok even when I feel like shite. I've always been told I have good natural colouring in my complexion (apart from the cancer bits I've had chopped out a few times!), and I do continue to look after my facial skin. The person who pissed me off with her comment just sounded so accusatory; odd how people can't offer a compliment or some encouragement without putting a negative edge on it. But as I say, super-sensitive at the moment.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse You are doing so well to keep slogging through this marathon Fran. Hang in there and soon it'll be receding in the rearview mirror and it will be au revoir to that. And I'm planning to come to Brisbane next year to drink some vin avec toi (I'm presuming the familiarity and not using vous!) and @onemargie so if nothing else you can look forward to that. Or dread it and dodge me with fury at that presumptuous Victorian! K xox
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm How wonderful, Kate! I really look forward to that. On va prendre un verre (ou deux) ensemble, toi et moi ! And I'm sure @onemargie will be up for it too. Fran xox
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    Mez Diaz. This is not only a medical condition, its a damn tough mental one today. Right now you only need to think about yourself. Bugger the ones who have proven not worthy of your time. At least now you know. When the time comes, start filling your life with new aquaintances. The most important person in your life right now is you. Your main objective is to get through this stress free with or without support. There will always be support from the breast care nurse, your oncology team etc. Try the support groups if you're up to it, as least they know what your going through. When it's the middle of the night there is always here, where you can voice your ups and downs. Take care of yourself. 

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hello @MezDiaz
    The softball team sound fantastic, how great to know that you can be yourself with them.   Many of the women that I have spoken to over the years have said that you realize who your real friends are, sometimes support comes from those that you least expect while there can be other friends or family that you feel let down by.  Take care of yourself.
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    Hahaha I had the chemo glow...I looked fantastic but felt like shit. People would say oh you look great and I’d say..opposed to what? And they would say well chemo makes you sick and usually look like your dying. I’d just shake my head and say I think you watch to many movies. 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    It's funny to read of this 'glow' as it obviously exists. The girl who was looking after my salon during treatment is also a beautician. On my good days when I appeared for work she would rave about my skin and how good it looked and that I didn't look sick. Must have been the 'chemo glow'. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I had the glow too and I think the Dex Tablets might of had something to do with it as well. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    I don't know if I glowed (probably in the dark maybe) but I was very excited by the fact that my dermatitis seemed to disappear on chemo.  I made this comment to my onc once and he laughed and said, "I wouldn't get too excited, it's because of all the steroids you're getting" DOH!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @PatsyN  i Love your mug. What an adorable idea! I still have the homemade ones my kids made when they were kids. And I’ll have to ask @kmakm where she found those mugs. I have several potential Xmas gifts there lol. Xx