Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @onemargie Or maybe this one..

Or this one!

And can I just say, that is a WOEFUL experience to have. Such hopeless insensitivity from an 'professional' in the cancer field. I'm so sorry that happened to you. K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    oh dear, @onemargie  ..... how bloody insensitive was THAT dickhead??  Well done for giving it to him!!  For some women, that one comment could have sent them over the edge!  :(     Hopefully he thinks twice now before being so flippant again!

@Kiwi Angel
    I saw that re the Sunday Telegraph - it seemed to relate to breast implants that were 'rough skinned' more than 'smooth skinned'.  I'll see if I can get a copy & scan it.

Yeah - who knows WHY we get the big C (it was never in MY family!  I'm the first!)  I seriously don't think they will ever really know with a lot of them.  Personally, I reckon it is in the horticultural sprays that have been put on all our food crops from way back from the 50s onwards - and possibly the genetic modification of foods as well?  Mind you - They pretty well blame everything these days for giving us cancer!   :(     I stopped using sunscreen about 10 years ago - and just cover up TOTALLY when out on my kayak - I really don't like rubbing chemicals all over my body - so not surprised they've found it in breast tissue!  :(  
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @onemargie Thank you on behalf of us all, Margie - for putting that dickhead in his place. He deserves the Dickhead mug.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @PatsyN You are a lot more tactful than me. I was being sarcastic when I said it made more sense to rub the pawpaw mixture on Miss Perky! The friend was being serious. I now dread going shopping or to the post office  as I know I will meet someone who will again offer a "tried and true" cure that's better than medical science. Small towns have upsides and downsides. 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @kmakm!! so many mugs to buy now lol !!! margie! !
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @onemargie and @kmakm regarding the mugs - every xmas my daughter gives me a mug with a picture of my grandchildren on them. She gets them from either Kmart or Target (can't remember) $7 each, boxed. It's such a great idea for a gift and you can choose whatever you want to go on the cup.
    Here's one from last xmas of my grandson (they go in the dishwasher beautifully, btw)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Ooh, thanks for the tip @PatsyN!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Someone I knew long ago has recently been in contact. Last week she asked if she, and her new partner, could come and visit for a couple of days. Sure. Then she informs me they are both vegans. OK. Then she tells me they are on a raw food diet. Hmmm. OK. I said fine, I'm sure we can work something out and I won't put bacon in anything. Silence. Then, 'OH my god, we cant stay if you still eat meat. Haven't you learned anything? Eating meat has made you sick twice! Just as well we are coming up, we can set you straight.'

Up until that point I wasn't exactly going to slaughter then eat a suckling pig. Now, I'm not so sure.

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh dear 
    @Zoffiel
    why not slaughter a few ;)  some people need a good kick in the butt and maybe a swipe over the noggin so their brain can reset. 

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel I think you need a sudden emergency trip back to hospital to avoid them.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Zoffiel wtf????  :o. Maybe u can take them hunting. 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Zoffiel, go on Kill The Pig. There is nothing more appetizing than roast crackling smothered in apple sauce. Yum! I can taste it now. In fact if I was not flying to Perth tomorrow for my first 12 month bilateral  mammogram on Monday (anxiety is sky high), I would be off to the butchers to purchase a pork shoulder. Damn!

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Ha @kiwiangel , if one of them opens my freezer and I have to explain where all the venison came from I may not have to fake a trip to hospital. I don't know that all vegans are necessarily pacifists...
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    WTF???   I think I'd be suggesting they stay 'in town' and perhaps meet up for a meal there ..... not sure I would have the patience or be bothered or able to keep my mouth shut for a couple of days!  A couple of hours, maybe .....

Hoping you are feeling up to it, too!! Hope you are WAY better now? xx