Is that right? Did you really say that?

Options

Comments

• Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    I totally agree, @Joannie, they need to walk , not a mile, just a few steps in our shoes. It is worse when a family member says it, which is what happened in my case.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse Weird. But I suppose it's nice to not know about how chemo works!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh @Flaneuse
    I am sure they are thinking that Chemo will magic it all away but dont realise the toll it takes on our bodies as it does that...  Bless their ignorance may they never have to know the ramifications of chemo.... 

Soldiercrab
  • kmakm
    Options
    @arnlybub You might appreciate this thread. At the very least you'll feel less alone when it comes to dealing with idiots!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @arnlybub That quote is fantastic! Could also apply to those people who tell you birthing horror stories when you're pregnant!

I'll check out that website.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @arnlybub Checked it out. Superb. Am bookmarking the site. Thank you!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @kmakm. You just made my day. I want one of those mugs. Classic comeback for those who insist on telling us how to live our "cancer life". I always want to say "leave me alone - I've got this far". However living in a small town it is necessary to watch what I say as I may need the favours returned that I have given to others. I already have a reputation at our local hospital of "don't argue with Ann". 
    Anyone out there going to the Field of Women and conference. I can't wait. It is my treat to me for having my life totally disrupted, turned upside down and having got this far into this rotten stoney path full of double gees and bindieyes. I certainly do not call it a "journey"!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Annie C I am! Have you joined the group?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I'm going. What group?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Ah, that group. Doesn't want me--I've tried to join a couple of times but there is a long running script that interferes and the page times out.