Is that right? Did you really say that?

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I had a weeper yesterday. My husband finally told an old friend about my BC and his wife got on the phone, insisted on talking to me and burst into tears. So I was comforting her. I didn't really mind, she's a good woman, but a wee part of me was "really?!"
  • Sandyr
    Sandyr Member Posts: 11
    Options
    The best one of many ,at xmas I hadn't seen this person in a few years, I was feeling pretty well tired on xmas day and told this person we were leaving oh why is that ,oh have breast cancer.omg omg omg she keep saying as well as flapping her arms around me,I thought she was going to have a heart attack. In the end I just told her to calm down I was fine .my brother inlaw said even before I had a complete diagnosis said oh well what do you need 2boobs for anyway not as if you are going have more kids , I had a lumpectomy in the end.HONESTLY !!!!!!!!!!hmmmmmm. I forgave him for his insensitive comment
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sandyr My eyes are rolling hard at that one... garrrgh!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    OMG clueless...
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    wow Joannie what a dill she sounds ..... how to take your foot out of your mouth and replace it with both feet..... !!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    hmmmm...yep.  Some people right?  Funny as, I just this minute got a text from a family member to tell me that Olivia Newton John's cancer is back after 25yrs! Like I hadn't heard.  Good lord help me.  I haven't responded to the text as I am not quite sure how to answer it,
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It's obviously urgent then - you'd better get on your best mate, ONJ to commiserate.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    When I  first started doing yoga, the yoga instructor told me that "bad posture" causes cancer because your bone marrow cannot produce red blood cells properly. My oncologist was very impressed.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Patti J  - OMG - what else can I say
  • dserginson
    dserginson Member Posts: 1
    Options
    When you tell someone the statistics about BRAC genes being passed from mother to daughter and they proceed to tell you that “oh you and your daughters have probably got it then!”