Is that right? Did you really say that?

Options

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @Flaneuse. What a dickhead. Seriously you should of thrown your bloody turban at his stupid fucking head. The world is full of wankers love isn’t it. Margie. Xx
  • Sanra
    Sanra Member Posts: 18
    Options
    My today....first day back at my shop for 2months, (double masectomy preceeded by 6mths chemo...about the start rads, very obvious by looking at me).... a longtime customer asks me IF im going to start classes again?..... i said i will after rads.....her response...” oh wasnt sure you were going to make it”
    I laughed
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @dserginson FFS...  :#
  • kmakm
    Options
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Yesterday I had lunch with a friend whose mum died many years ago from breast cancer.  My friend went to see a breast surgeon who told her that because she would probably have the BRAC1 gene she shoul have a bilateral mastectomy because she did not have a partner so what use were her breasts? She was horrified but told him that it had taken her 40 years to grow them and she wanted to keep them.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Some medicos certainly suffer from foot in mouth disease. When I was 28 and had to have a hysterectomy and repair the chopologist told me he was going to take out the cot and leave the playpen. Regarding the repair he told me that my husband would no longer feel as if he was parking his bicycle in a double garage. Dickhead!!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @AllyJay These days that guy would be before a court. @Patti J So that breast surgeon believes one needs to have a partner to be allowed to have sex? Scary echoes of Margaret Atwood's "Handmaid's Tale".
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I’m speechless by some of the stupid fu**in things these stupid, ignorant people say. I haven’t had too many bad things said to me apart from everyone’s friends and family cancer stories, I’m too young to have cancer and my personal favourite - when I had a couple of days off fo my partial mastectomy a work colleague said I’m “lucky” that I wasn’t at work cause it had been really busy. Of course, I would much rather be in hospital having breast cancer surgery than having a busy week at work!!  Idiot - but she is very self involved so it’s exactly the sort of comment I expected from her. 
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Options
    A friend was diagnosed with Stage 2 cancer she has to have chemo and radiation treatment plus a lumpectomy, when I saw her at home
    unfortunately she was quite hostile to me and I had no idea what she was going through after all you only had Stage 1 and no chemo I was trying to give her support and encouragement then she said she does not want to see and hear from me for the next 6 months
    you won some and you lose some it was hard at the time.
  • kmakm
    Options
    That's rotten @Stork. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Wow @stork.  Obviously, a lot of anger about the cancer.  It's just not fair that she's directing it at you but maybe once she gets her head around it a bit, she may come good.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.