MezDiaz Member Posts: 25
    Thank you @Blondy & @Giovanna_BCNA <3<3
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @kmakm
    OMG how did you not smash his face in for stupidity ...... Bhah 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @SoldierCrab Only because I'm fond of him! He apologised and I laughed. It's all good.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    @kmakm that made me laugh

so my hair has grown back in but is super short. I think I should start charging clients who comment on it. Also priceless when they ask why I cut it short and I drop the I have breast cancer it wasn’t a choice. Mind you these are all clients that have waited 4 or more months for me to be back to work to see me - so they know I’ve been off sick and they know that I’m only working part days and can’t put fact a with fact b and work it out
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    @blossom 1961. we have to develop thick skins and a warped sense of humour to handle what we hear. I thought of myself like a cool Annie Lennox as my hair was growing back but I've now liken myself to Kath Day-Knight, from Kath and Kim. I'm a hairdresser and freak out when people ask me if I've had a perm. As if I'd want to walk around with a head full of corkscrews. However I'm thinking of reversing it and saying it's one of my luxury perms that I do, interested. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Sarnicad Good!  :*
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Blondy I've been told I'm "channelling Judi Dench". I'm happy with that. Though as it gets a bit longer, it's developing more of a wave-almost-curl, so not sure how that's going to work out. Quite messy at the moment. When I get back to Brisbane on the weekend I'll plan a haircut for next week, with my old hairdresser - if she's still in business  :)
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    @Flaneuse. Have you seen the documentary "Tea with the dames"? It is Judi Dench in conversation with three of her friends: Maggie Smith, Joan Plowright and Eileen Atkins. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Do you have a link to that @Patti J?   That sounds awesome! I love the Dames! 

• Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Patti J. Thanks for the reminder on that film  I iwanted to see it.. @Flaneuse I've always loved Judi Denchs hair  When I was young 15 I used to have a Mia Farrow. Quite rare for girls to have short hair  Cilla Black was all the rage. I have a shoulder length style I'm heading towards. I won't have it as long as I did before  it nearly all disappeared. Luckily I had the cold cap so didn't have to start from scratch. Although my hair was long it got straggly with some patches of nearly nothing  Being a hairdresser I've done countless clients following chemo and it will eventually lose the strong formations of wave and curl  As always  I don't want anything cut off of mine so will endure longer hair with corkscrews which I'll have to straighten. But hey, it's better than the alternative and if that's all I've got to quibble about   can't be too bad