Disappointed in The Beacon's name change

Options

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @traveltext

You said "I believe people on this thread get this, management either doesn't understand, or doesn't want to know. They'd prefer we went back to making the BNCA forum a success and they'll run the charity as they feel fit."

You have said what I have said earlier in this thread a few times actually, I believe the same, they are happy for us as Members to RUN this Forum, even lead Groups voluntarily of course, whilst they are paid employees and will handle the rest their way. 

x
    M

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Thank you for that, Christine. It's a fair and democratic response which will give a result that I, for one, will accept. Marg

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    Options

Thanks for the head's up Christine. I would support a survey as long as the cases both for and against the name change will be clearly put to members. Since it's not fair to BCNA to mount the no change case, I propose a committee of interested BCNA members be formed to write this text based on similar word counts and/or formats for both the for and the against cases.

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Thanks@Christine_BCNA_CEO having a voice in the organisation that represents us on issues that are flagged as important by many is all that is being asked - I too will accept the majority outcome.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Thank you, Christine_BCNA-CEO for finally putting a more reasonable response on this post.
    Let's not muddy the waters with logos and marketing, let's just address the issue of the magazine name change.
    Hopefully the survey will be simple so those who have not been on-line will know what is behind the survey.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    Options

Joannie, not sure that is clear at all. BCNA wouldn't be being inclusive if they changed the newsletter name to Pink Lady.

Just the opposite. 

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Christine_BCNA-CEO
    Perhaps you can put your response (above) as an Announcement and refer to this posting so newcomers or members who receive contact re the issue can be fully aware of what has happened and why ?
    Thanks
  • Chester80$
    Chester80$ Member, Dragonfly Posts: 13
    Options
    Here we were a month so ago, @traveltext and I thinking we were the only ones affronted by the proposed name change of Beacon to Pink Lady without any consultation....how wrong were we.
    It is very heartening to follow this thread and finally see the post from @Christine_BCNA-CEO that a survey is to be conducted. Agree with @traveltext that the framing of these questions needs careful consideration so as to not lead respondents to the answer BCNA desire.
    I agree that the questions of newsletter branding and completely new organisational branding should be considered independent of each other at this point in time.
    However, to state emphatically that the organisational logo and pink lady name will not change over time is disappointing. I appreciate the arguments about brand awareness and cost, but the understanding and needs of the greater Breast cancer community are looking to the future whilst BCNA seems routed in the past.
    I would have thought that at some point “State of the Nation” would have placed this on the agenda for some wholesome un-biased discussion and genuine debate.

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    Very inappropriate change, given Pink Lady Funerals - something we try not to think about too much.