Found out this week I have DCIS

Options
2»

Comments

• Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @Blister Hope your surgery went well today. Thinking of you & sending love, positive thoughts & prayers your way. Stay strong & be kind to yourself. You got this!! love & hugs xx
  • Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Thinking of you, @Blister. Hoping your post-surgery recovery is okay. Rest up sweetheart xxx I’m 4 weeks out of my mastectomy and still taking it easy. 
  • Leia
    Leia Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Hoping everything went well today. I think for the first few days after surgery you again need to take in the ‘new normal’. Time for further decisions later, now rest and be gentle on yourself. And accept any help offered!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Thinking of you as you recover from your surgery @Blister .... make haste slowly - allow the family & friends to 'spoil you' - let them do the meals, the housework & everything else ..... 

As the others have said, It is totally 100% ok to skip between anger, denial, sadness - and yes, the occasional melt down is a part of it as well - and a great release of tension!  But if your find the sadness is overwhelming you, please seek professional help! Your GP may be able to refer you ... or your local Breast Cancer Centre may have help there .... where you are more likely to find a bc specific psychologist.  Just talking about it openly and sharing it with a professional should be able to give you coping mechanisms ... 

Personally I found that it mucked with my BRAIN more than anything else!  And sometimes that is very hard to control, as it has a mind of its own! Keeping BUSY doing things is the secret .... try & get back into your hobbies or take up a new one - even more so now with Covid as we can’t get together with buddies as readily as before.  

Try & keep your sense of humour 'up there' - we have a really good 'funnies page' (called Friday Funnies, but we add them every day!!)  Just click on the link to add pics and posts ... 
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19116/friday-funnies#latest
    If you are into arts & crafts, we have a 'Creative Corner' 
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14979/creative-corner#latest
     and if into your garden, a Gardening post as well!! 
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/comment/186078#Comment_186078
    And we even have a Fishing post, as that is one of my passions!
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/19494/fishing-brag-pics

The next 'plan of attack' will be when they get your results back from the pathology - then you'll have a much clearer picture of the path ahead.  

Wishing you all the best for your results & ongoing treatment.  Take care xx
  • Blister
    Blister Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi, Thank you for all the advice and support, it has been a bit of a roller coaster, I had my lumpectomy last Tuesday and yesterday finally got my results, it would appear that the little blighter had left and had become invasive, and the area was bigger than initially thought.  Good news though it looks like the escaped convicts were contained in the wide incision they took, but they are very happy with the margins, so they are talking of going back in taking bigger margins and first node biopsy, seeing my surgeon this afternoon to discuss next step.  
  • MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi, hope your meeting with surgeon gave you some answers. Thinking of you.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 924
    Options
    Hi, thinking of you.   Sending you hugs xxx
  • Blister
    Options
    @MicheleR unfortunately my appointment was delayed, those silly computer generated appointment message made a mistake in appointment time by 3 hours 🙄 so I had to wait for the next available appointment luckily they had something  for tomorrow 🤞
  • arpie
    Options
    Grrrr ... these hiccups just add more stress that you really need at this point in time, @Blister.

All the best for today’s appt xx.

Don’t forget to record it all and ask for copies of all paperwork, specially the biopsy. 
  • Blister
    Options
    @arpie thanks great advice I hadn’t thought of that, as yet I’m still waiting what happened with the other biopsy tests results from Breast Screen Qld
  • arpie
    Options
    @blister .... that first line should read 'don't need'!!

Everytime you see your surgeon/Onc or part of the team, they should also send a report to your GP .... so try & get a copy of those too!!  Get a BIG BOX & store everything in there (Xrays/reports etc) ... so you know where everything is if you need to find it!

I have an app on my phone called Voice Record Pro that I use to record my sessions.   I just plop the phone on the desk & turn it on ..... it is a really easy one to use.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/voice-record-pro/id546983235?ign-mpt=uo=4

All the best xx
  • Blister
    Options
    Thanks
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options
    all the best blister, sending hugs