I made my 5 year milestone from my 2nd diagnosis :)

Options
2»

Comments

• poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    Congrats , and happy 2020, I love hearing these stories, onward and upwards x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @arpie @Giovanna_BCNA @nikkid @Anne65  @Keeping_positive1 @CarmelS @poodlejules thank you!! 

@arpie I'd usually ask after seeing the Oncologist then do 6 weeks off and go back on. So I'd say I probably do this at least twice a year, I'm on Aromasin. It does help, I do have the added bonus of being on Prolia which gives added protection strangely. Its one of those funny things, does the Aromasin actually help? who knows or am I just lucky, as I had a recurrence on Tamoxifen, so the jury is out lol. For my sanity moreso I need the breaks, I would say any Oncologist wouldnt recommend this however.

@nikkid you are the BEST! I love it 55 oooh though I'd be over 100 yikes! lol

@Keeping_positive1 thank you, this is why I wanted to post, it is damn hard for anyone going through it, but sometimes good things happen too, I just wanted to encourage everyone to keep going. 

@Anne65 I think if anything I have complete humility, I take nothing for granted and I acknowledge that whilst our paths are different, all going through this is damn HARD!

@CarmelS Great about the 9 years, I do hope somehow you find a way to the finish line with your Recon, it is important to feel there's an ending at some point, I agree. 

@poodlejules Thanks! Happy 2020! to you too!

Hugs everyone xoxoxo

M
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Yeah @melclarity - we're gonna live beyond 100!
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Wow, congrat's  @melclarity an inspiration for anyone travelling this path.  xo

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Great to read a good news story. Well done!

• Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    Woohoo congratulations @melclarity
    im only at the start of my journey but hearing stories like yours are inspiring 
    You should be damn proud of everything you’ve done  :)