Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Zoffiel What a brilliant story M! I hope that one will be in your memoir (the one you say you won't write that you must!). Such a great visual in my head. K xox
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Okay now the calendar is now a map!  Not too worried about not being able to do all the things I want, has slowed me down a tad.  And has helped with golf, slowed down the backswing, able to think of one thing only, like hitting the ball.  Have had a few wins. :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Sorry ladies my idea of camping is the IBIS hotel ..... as it is only basic accommodations....  I am passed the camping age..... 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I always wanted to do that @zoffiel but never had anyone who wanted to do it with me - unfortunately I have the small problem of not really being a horserider.
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Never too old @SoldierCrab - just we are maybe more discerning.  My first go at proper camping in the bush (with the spade to dig the hole and hang the loo paper on - and sharing water for washing) was when i was 50.  It was OK but I hated the swag idea !!!
    I reckon something with a roof and walls and even air con is more suitable now, even the most basic of cabins ......
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Our parents took us camping a lot when we were kids - can still smell wet tent! My last camping foray was in Kakadu - preprepared tents (with flooring and real beds) and formal dinner ready on our arrival each night at the campsite. That kind of camping I can do! 
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Oh my gosh you ladies are hilarious. I was sitting here actually laughing out loud!!!  Thanks for the laughes
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options

@arpie

Oh dear Twinnie
    You could at least read something more titillating at bedtime!

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @Annie C Who knows WHAT @arpie is looking at so intently. Some of those shirtless fishermen are pretty titillating
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    A bit off track, but after chemo my thoughts are a bit astray.  Went to get out the vacuum cleaner and said I'll get out the  lawn mower?? 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I can relate e to that @Harvey1903 .....  I tried to introduce my bridesmaid to my neighbour as my sister in law!!  WRONG!!   DUH!  Bloody BC Brain!